Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 7:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kuk Sool at Illinois University Champaign-Urbana

That kuksool school was run for years and years and years by Tim Seitz. I see that he is no longer the head instructor. Does anyone know what happened to him? I'm just hoping he's not dead.

Marlin Sims is acounted for.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2007 2:47pm

Style: in hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I don't know about him. However, I googled his name and got this link that has a phone number and email. It says that he is an instructor of Philosophy at the university.I can't be exactly sure if this is the same guy but that's all I have on the guy.
    http://www.mchenry.edu/Faculty/tseitz/
    Did you know the man personally? Is he a good instructor? Does Sims run the school now?
    Last edited by boondock lee; 11/30/2007 2:51pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/01/2007 1:51am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkdbuck76
    That kuksool school was run for years and years and years by Tim Seitz. I see that he is no longer the head instructor. Does anyone know what happened to him? I'm just hoping he's not dead.

Marlin Sims is acounted for.
    Tim left back in 04 I believe. I forget where he went though. I only know this because my instructor at Purdue was a student of Tim's so I got to know Tim a little. Tim was actually a good Instructor. He was under Jan Butler and was learning groundfighting from him, and preaching the necessity of it to his students.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    12/03/2007 1:03pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tim Seitz....breaking from kuksool tradition to teach groundfightin? Wow.

Where did Jan Butler learn ground fighting? And it can't be from wahki and jahki.....

I found Tim and emailed him and told him that I was glad he was still alive.

I thought Tim was a student of Paul Garza.....who is no longer on the WKSA list of cherished teachers...... hope he's alive still.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2007 2:01pm

Style: in hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two questions, did Tim Seitz leave the WSKA or did he just step down from his position at his school?

I never personally learned any of the so called groundfighting sets since I only got to brown stripe. ( I thought that groundfighting would be a big part of the class when I first joined, but I was wrong) Have you guys ever learned groundfighting when you were in kuk sool?

P.S Paul Garza's picture is still on the WSKA website.... LOL

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/04/2007 4:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JkdSANTA76
    Tim Seitz....breaking from kuksool tradition to teach groundfightin? Wow.

Where did Jan Butler learn ground fighting? And it can't be from wahki and jahki.....

I found Tim and emailed him and told him that I was glad he was still alive.

I thought Tim was a student of Paul Garza.....who is no longer on the WKSA list of cherished teachers...... hope he's alive still.
    I'm not sure exactly, but it's my understanding that Jan Butler studies BJJ under some folks in Iowa. The seminars I took from Tim were straight out of introductory BJJ including combat base, positions, armbar from guard, and collar chokes. Knowing what I know now and looking back, the instruction was quality. All the right points were emphasized. It's a shame not more of the org takes this approach.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    12/05/2007 12:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK. So maybe In Hyuk Suck will incorporate BJJ in suk tool's program and lie about how it got there......like they all do about daito-ryu eh? Like cavewall painting showing the koreans teaching the japanese and the brazillians.

It tells me that people are standing up to the Powerful Oz and putting some functionality in their game to make up for the fluffy pink fans and the god-awful rope techniques.

So, Rudolph, at this seminar, did your partner throw a front kick, then a punch, you execute the X-block, then sit down, scoot in and put him in your guard :-)

Boondocklee....the "grappling" sets in kuk sool suck ass majorly.
    SEANBABY:

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/05/2007 11:15pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JkdSANTA76
    So, Rudolph, at this seminar, did your partner throw a front kick, then a punch, you execute the X-block, then sit down, scoot in and put him in your guard :-)

Boondocklee....the "grappling" sets in kuk sool suck ass majorly.
    lol, no. It started like any introductory bjj class. We started in a base position. You know the one. Sitting on your right hip with your left hand up to block kicks and your left leg up to push kick and stuff.

Then we just hit the guard, and what to do to keep someone under control and work towards an escape or a collar choke or an armbar (though the armbar came in the second seminar we had I think).