UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 2:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Weight lifting program for hard gainers

I've attached a general copy of a program I worked on for a while today. It's an undulating periodization program for ectomorphs who find it hard to gain mass. Of course, eating a lot of food is extremely important, but this program will help. Basically, you work out 3 days a week for 2 weeks, like M/W/F, doing 2 exercises per muscle group and never repeating the same exercise twice in a week. The 3rd week, you do 4 days a week using a M/T R/F upper/lower split. Each week, you increase the weight you are repping by 5-10% as you lower the reps and raise the rest time. The 4th week would be another cycle of the program starting with 10 reps at a slightly increased weight than previously done in week 1. Each 4th week, you would update the spreadsheet to reflect the amount of weight you went up for your 1st week cycle.

Sounds complicated, but take a look and figure it out. You can ask me questions about the program in this thread.

Rename the file from ".doc" to ".zip"
    Attached Files
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 2:06am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought I was a hardgainer until I tried the Seefood diet.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 2:30am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 3:47am

Style: Wrestling, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks pretty solid but I am stuggling to understand what the numbers in the right colum mean. If you could explain those it would be really good.

My only critique would be the dominance of isolation movements over compound movements. Are there any other goals besides building mass ie athletic performance?

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 3:50am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My only critique would be the dominance of isolation movements over compound movements. Are there any other goals besides building mass ie athletic performance?
    I recognize that it's missing compound movements, but I just didn't think of where/how to put them in given the nature of the program. I love power cleans/push presses and various free-motion machine things I've come up with, and I think I will do those in the 3rd week with the upper/lower split, since it's a higher weight/lower rep week anyway. FYI, the weights in the spreadsheet are not suggestions or starting points, they're simply the weights the client I designed the program for is doing.

The numbers in the right column are automatically adjusted increases of weight for weeks 2 and 3 of the periodization. Becuase you go up 5/10% each week until you start over at week 4, I thought it would be handy if the spreadsheet automatically told you how much weight to do on your 8 rep week and your 5 rep week. Normally I give a briefing with this program, but that's lacking in the spreadsheet so naturally it's a little confusing.
    Last edited by feedback; 11/16/2007 3:54am at .