Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 11:21am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hanmudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi guys well i do hanmudo and it does work well, i must say the vid was thrown together at the last min. Its an accumilation of many diff styles hapkido, kuk sool, judo (yudo), and a taekwondo, it works on being attacked mainly, very much a defensive system as you may notice in the video??? i started it about 5 years go and they don't just give out belts willy nilly you have to work damm hard to get, or atleast in the UK. The standing still element is mainly to get your footwork right and learn the balance breaking of a body which if anyone who's done judo will know. pressure points well most MA know them so nothing new there. from standing still move to 1 or 3 step sparring and judo grabs, then to full sparring or moving targets. i know our sparring isn't great by any means thats why i've taken up taekwondo now, oh the forms there not to look pretty they are based on left side left hand or foot attack front front attack and so one. i hope this answered most the questions?? any more just message me and thanks for you comments its nice to see people asking questions and being curious.

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 11:24am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ahhhh
    Last edited by subfuntres; 6/29/2008 3:10am at .

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 11:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Where did you find that video? Just watching it makes me want to tie my yellow belt around the waist and act all bad ass.
    When I was in Hanmudo, it was kind of strange, there were the regular classes, which were...let's just say sort of traditional, and leave it at that, but there were also the once a week sparring and grappling classes, which were pretty cool. I'm fairly certain it wouldn't stack up to training BJJ and kickboxing, but I learned a few things nontheless (Hands go up so don't get hit in face, how do armbar from guard, etc) but I was never sure if this was a part of the actual Hanmudo curriculum or I just lucked out with my instructor.
    (He owned every VHS tape Pride ever put out, and the last I heard was trying to join Carlos Machado's network and get instructor certification).
    The arm bar from guard is in the curriculum its one of my favs, we do get owned by bjj on the floor lets face it one of the best if not the on the ground.

Posted On:
    2/07/2008 11:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kimyuseok
    In Europe the hanmudo-people are rewarded higher dangrades with the same ease you get a fortune cookie at your local Chinese restaurant.
    Hanmudo is just Dr. Kim He Young's style of hapkido. Not sure where the need came from to name it differently.

I respect Dr. Kim for the serious research he has done, but don't bother much for what he does technique wise.
    Easy well i can first hand say your talking rubbish about gradings. i've had to work my ass off to get to where i am and im not even close to blackbelt. There really picky on getting stuff right. If you've graded in hanmudo and that was the case then its a sad day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 1:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: HKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I know some people who switched from hapkido to hanmudo and were rewarded an extra dan in the proces. (this certainly happened to a Dutch hanmudo promoter Frans van Boxtel).

Most of the Korean HKD organizations have the rule that when you switch to their organization your dan will be one lower than the one you have in your other organization. And from the IHF I know that they only do this for 4th dan an lower. (a 4th dan gets 3rd, but a 5th dan also gets a 3rd dan at max). After one year you can retest for your old dan grade.

Posted On:
    2/10/2008 3:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I know some people who switched from hapkido to hanmudo and were rewarded an extra dan in the proces. (this certainly happened to a Dutch hanmudo promoter Frans van Boxtel).

Most of the Korean HKD organizations have the rule that when you switch to their organization your dan will be one lower than the one you have in your other organization. And from the IHF I know that they only do this for 4th dan an lower. (a 4th dan gets 3rd, but a 5th dan also gets a 3rd dan at max). After one year you can retest for your old dan grade.
    I never knew this...... well it kind of seems like cheating to me. I think it should be like they do in hapkido, no way should you be given a higher grade in my opinion. Thanks for enlightening me to this.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2008 11:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can you prove this?

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 3:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/29/2008 3:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This wasn't the best sparring but they allow strike to the head!
    YouTube - Martial arts - Hanmudo sparring 21/4/07

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2012 9:03pm

Style: MMA,scjj,judo,some tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at my dojo there is a guy who is something like 3rd degree in the style. in his words "its more of a learning style than a martial art" which i guess means its a blend of alot of other korean arts blended into one.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123