Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 7:43pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It should be, they should fear. And they do fear because they know they are ****, if they were good then it would only bring good business.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 11:19pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know, if you reviewed the average judo school based on one free class, you might get a review that went something like, "Judo is bullshit all you do is roll backwards and slap the mat"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 11:22pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    you know, if you reviewed the average judo school based on one free class, you might get a review that went something like, "Judo is bullshit all you do is roll backwards and slap the mat"
    Well, if the advanced class did that all session, then yes, I would say that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 11:57am

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by airman kai
    Well, I did a bit of an investigation on a BS artist from ST Louis, and the thread shows up on the first page of a google search for his school, so... ya know, Bullshido is kind of visible sometimes.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...er&btnG=Search

Nice to know these reviews CAN make a difference. Looking forward to your review on the Dragon place.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 3:18pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you still can do a review of Dragon Dojo but your probably going to need to wait a few months. Give the guy time to completely forget about you and then just show up one day and ask to watch a class and take a free class. Does this guy know your name? I wouldn't call him on the phone again, just walk in off the street one day when you know classes are going on with a cover story and see how things are run.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by airman kai
    How am I supposed to expose BS when the BSers run scared? Is it to the point where I have to go stealth? I mean, seriously, is dishonesty the ony way to get into their school?
    The Dragon Dojo guys were smart enough to realize that this wasn't going to end well for them. Not all are. Having said that, the whole 'I don't want you talking about us on the hostile Internet' thing is just laughable.

Perhaps a better tactic next time is -- "Your dojo and it's practices are being reviewed based on your website and an open call to anyone who has ever studied with you. You have the choice of allowing me in to do an unbiased review, or not. If not, then I will record your reluctance to do so, and the obvious conclusion will be that you have something to hide. If so, then I am prepared to show up and train with an open mind, and will present a first hand account of my time in your dojo."

Site a few links where that has happened, to prove that Bullshido will actually do that. I can't remember which places, but there were a couple that went really well for the dojo/teacher in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Posted On:
    1/11/2013 4:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is resurrecting this thread a bad thing?

Seems Kai never got the review of Dragon Dojo done. I might be up to the task myself. I just found out about this site from Meerkatsu's facebook.

Dragon Dojo is just down the road for me and the school seems interesting... They claim to teach BJJ but their instructors don't seem have any belts in BJJ... whaaaaa???

Anyway, thanks for any help you all could be. Lets hope for a clearing out of PC!!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345