Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 11:05am

Style: default std

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    ^^^ what he said. EZ barbells are more for bicep curls and tricep extensions and only when your wrists or forearms are giving you problems. The wavy things are for you to accomodate for a better, more comfortable grip.

I don't see how an EZ bar can make a difference for barbell rows. At least for me, the position of my hands is in such a way that they are placed on the straight par of the EZ bar, making it the same as a regular barbell.

They are good to accomodate somone who is not strong enough to use a larger, 35-45lbs barbell, but that's about it.

EZ bars are fine and dandy when you have an injury, but, now that I look back, I think it's a mistake to start training biceps and triceps with those (or at least, to train exclusively with them). The wavy things mask inflexibility problems with the wrists. So, pple use them to get around that instead of improving their wrist flexibility.

When people first use the straight bar and they feel pain in their wrists, they think they are injuring themselves or that have an injury. Then they switch to the EZ bars and increase the load, further aggravating the inflexibility. What they need to do is use the straight bar and use a smaller load and work on their wrist flexibility.
    For a BOR, the theory for the EZ bar is that it allows you to get that little bit of extra squeeze out of the row, i.e. you are able to pull your arms that little bit further back before the bar stops against your body. I believe it's more of a bodybuilder move than anything else, i.e. bringing more show than go.

Like your new avatar El M. That Synthol is some crazy ****, did you read the interview with the dude on T-nation?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 12:49pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's was some crazy ****. I think Valentino nowadays writes a column in IronMan or some other magazine.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 11:52am

Style: Wrestling, BJJ n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Huh. I had just always seen people do it with an EZ bar, prolly just because of the organization of the gym.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 12:32pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People do stuff because they don't know better. Sometimes these things they do are harmless (not training hard enough to entice change), annoying (bicep curling in the squat racks), can lead to problems in the future (overusing of the EZ bar) or just plain dangerous (squatting so heavy they never break parallel.)

:tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123