Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 10:24am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't get much gas from it. It's not like I went from zero to that in one day, I gradually worked up to it. My body has adjusted.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 10:37am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eating plenty of yogurt was my way to re-adjust myself into drinking and eating dairy products. It needs to be done gradually, unless you don't mind being a gaseous anomaly ;)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 1:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just worked my way up. I went from zero glasses of milk to one every night before bed. Did that for a week, then it was one mid afternoon, one before bed. Eventually it was 2 glasses at every meal and drinking from the gallon whenever I was thirsty.
    "Emevas,

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 1:10pm

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    I looked at the statistics the other day and it turns out that everyone who breathes eventually dies.

I say we put an end to this dangerous habit of breathing right now to stop any more senseless demises
    Hate to correct you, but as there are as many people alive now as have ever lived, only half the people who were born have died. Ergo, one's chance of dying is only about 50%. So clearly whoever you got your statistics from is a shill for the global carbon monoxide industry.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Emevas, just don't go crying to us when you end up looking like this

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 1:58pm

Style: PLUR

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    picture no worky.

Emevas, have you ever noticed any ill effects with all that dairy? I was killing about a gallon of milk every 2-3 days, plus eating a lot of yogurt. Then one day I noticed this crazy rash on the back of my arms and chest. It just got worse and worse until I decided to cut the dairy. Never came back. Plus I have adult acne that gets worse when I eat dairy.

I think there is a lot of people out there that are allergic to dairy and they don't even know it.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 5:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe a little more acne, but it's a confounding variable. My skin is greasy anyway, and when I sweat and workout a lot, my acne gets worse.

Again, it's a gradual process, so you shouldn't really run into any bad effects.
    "Emevas,

Posted On:
    11/19/2007 8:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suffer from acne on my triceps and sometimes my chest, and I usually get them up and running with dairy products (or when I lift really heavy, I get some zists on my lats. OTH, zinc helps me get rid of that, and I've noticed that hibiclens keeps them in check.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 8:33am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All I ever drank growing up was milk. Until recently I was drinking a gallon of milk a day + random dairy (yogurts, cheese).

Milk = good
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    11/20/2007 12:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo23
    Hate to correct you, but as there are as many people alive now as have ever lived, only half the people who were born have died. Ergo, one's chance of dying is only about 50%. So clearly whoever you got your statistics from is a shill for the global carbon monoxide industry.
    Nope.

I've heard and read the estimated total number of humans that have ever lived from different sources back in college, and it was always in the vicinity of 100 billion. Anyways, wiki summarizes it better:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_p...ricalEstimates
    Estimates of the number of human beings who have ever lived on Earth constitute an extremely large range, with low estimates around 45 billion, and the highest estimates topping out around 125 billion. Many of the more robust estimates fall into the range of 90 to 110 billion humans.

*** more stuff ***

According to one set of calculations based on 2002 data:[23]

• The number who have ever been born is around 106,000,000,000
    • The world population in mid-2002 was approximately 6,215,000,000
    • The percentage of those ever born who were living in 2002 was approximately 5.8%

The claim often made in various popular sources that more than half the humans ever born are alive today, is therefore in all probability quite exaggerated.

[23] http://www.prb.org/Articles/2002/How...edonEarth.aspx

:profe: :evil6: :eng101: :profe: :evil6: :eng101:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast