Exasperated.

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 11:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    I would take this even further. I challenge my guys to always think of themselves as on the offensive, even if they are in what some may consider a bad or losing situation.
    Very good point that my coach often emphasizes. Even if you have to bail at some point, immediately attack after doing so.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 9:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The wrestling coach that attends judo told me to think of a sprawl as an offensive action all by itself.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 9:59pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid View Post
    this sounds ridiculous.

but always maintain attachment with both arms AND legs. if you have hooks, get a wrist or an under/over, if you have an under/over, make sure your knee is in the hip.

so on and so forth.

using the whole body at all times basically.
    Not rediculous at all. People will often stop using their legs when working with arms, and visa versa. Gotta use all at once.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    9/11/2009 10:00pm

NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    The wrestling coach that attends judo told me to think of a sprawl as an offensive action all by itself.
    Agreed. everything should IMO be though of as offensive moves
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 6:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My shitty open guard passing has picked up a lot since I started "feeling" which side my opponent wants to have the half guard in, and then fighting to pass on the other side. I feel more secure passing to the left, but if he wants me to pass on the left, I will simply not pass there, back off and then start passing on right.

Same thing from the guard - if he wants to pass on my left, I'll make sure to invite him into my right. I rather use my weak side than let him decide.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 12:19pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For me it would be continuously scrambling to retain/replace guard when somebody was nearly passed. When I was new, it felt like I'd just lay there and wait for somebody to take side mount rather than continue to try and preserve my guard. I'd be like "Ah, they got me. Time to work my escapes."

Also the notion of using your body weight against your opponent. Took me a while to learn how to make myself heavy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2009 11:23pm

Style: Judo n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It has already been said before but it needs to be repeated again(and again and again). Always attack. Miss a throw, attempt another one, miss that one, attempt another.

And if you do get part of a throw but he is starting to defend, drive, don't let him get away or counter. Don't let him set you up.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 4:42pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So about a month ago I started at a new academy after near a year's absence from BJJ in Judo. The time in belt is longer than my old academy, a couple judo injuries and my absence has combined to bump me back down to blue belt level in rolling (except in no-gi, which I don't even like very much).

Last week I got massively overstoned and had a huge paranoid freakout (I called everyone I know at 3 AM to tell them this). I figured training the next day would do me some good, even though I was in far from peak physical condition. To my surprise I was back up to purple belt level.

I wracked my brain for why and then it hit me: the cannabinoids were still in my bloodstream, which annihilated my usual impatience while rolling. Simply put, I was too stoned to rush. I tended to rely on being quick and squirmy way too much during rolling due to being one of the smallest colored belts also, and a year of judo had taught me to hunt after subs without taking the time for setup.

So the epiphany is: patience.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    7/05/2010 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This one came to me after a brown belt kept destroying my guard. If they have to carry your weight every time they move their hips they'll get tired. Stay heavy with your hips pressuring into theirs and they'll slow down giving you the pass, submission, or create openings.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    7/06/2010 2:55am

Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The two biggest ones that I've had to date:

- Move yourself, not your opponent

- Space is your enemy on offense and your friend on defense
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast