Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 8:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BBT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    edit:question already asked, nevermind
    Last edited by nerf; 11/26/2007 8:14pm at .

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    11/26/2007 10:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the info Jimbo. Please keep us posted on your progress. Any seminar you guys put on I would make every effort to attend.

Posted On:
    11/27/2007 9:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, Boxing, FMA, WWII

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ofthepack
    Ronin, we are all in the process in putting Carl's favorite training ground that he liked to call the "Dungeon"... back to it's original form with a few new twists. We have already gathered a great deal of Carl's original equipment that he built himself for specific training.
    Actually Clint may put in a few hours tomorrow and everyone is chipping in. We have Carl's defendu sign that he had in the basement hangin already, some assorted bags, training dummies and we should be up and runnin by the start of the new year.
    There are still many unreleased videos and we will have to get together with carl's wife Carol to see what plans should or should not be made for them.....
    It will be good to meet all of you guys in the near future.... Jimbo
    Jimbo,

By chance, do you remember the full sized Makiwaras that we trained with?
    I'd like to construct one for myself.
    Do you by chance know what Carl used as the striking pad, and what size it was, or by chance know if there are blueprints for the thing?

Thanks,

Joel

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/28/2007 10:57am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Joel, Clint may have the specs and we just built a few. As far as what Carl used? If your on that level ,man your hands must be steel! lol... All of the door jams in hhis house were distorted and damaged. none of the doors closed. he would practice edge of hand on the door jams , including kicks, closed fist etc, then he would strike the cinder block walls in the basement, or use a sledge hammer head too... He struck that thing like it was a pillow.
    look at his elbows in the Kean seminar. His elbows popped out like that by hitting objects that never moved. So he would tell others to pad the sledge, board or whatever else.
    Ringside makes a nice large medicine ball. leather covered. he told me to practice all blows on that too. Who knows maybe someday I,ll finally get around to it... lol...... Jimbo

Posted On:
    5/28/2008 9:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: krav maga, close combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know these posts are old, but how can anyone get a hold of mr. sporman in regards to if he offers private lessons. i was recently on the gutterfighting.org site and it says he holds lesons 2 times a month, just wondering how somebody can contact him or his school to find out about lessons.

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 9:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: krav maga, close combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey thanks samuel, another question to you or anybody else that knows of it, the IACCP.....International Association of Close Combat Professionals, they have some guys there ive heard of and are legit, just wondering what your take was on the organization or if you can verify their legitimacy on close combat/ RBSD.

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 10:25am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I went to their website and read it to see if I could find out who ran this organization.

Potential problem one -- I could not find out the name of the person who started this organization or a list of his/their qualifications. It appears that the organization traces back to Ramsey, New Jersey. The vast majority of martial artists are happy to tell you about their credentials to teach a particular art or hand to hand system. There is no good reason this information should not be provided up front. If you however spot such a credentials section please tell me.

problem two -- "In addition, IACCP Instructors will soon have the opportunity to become exclusive local distributors of cutting-edge martial arts and self-defense training programs developed by Chris Pizzo. Please view the following list as a sample of these programs"

Chris Pizzo, also known as LT X, has previously put out a bad combative tape series, called "Top Secret Training". Previously some bullshido members including myself have panned his product, as did Eric Mann though it appears that Mann's review has been taken down.

I'd stick with Clint Sporman though if you want to try out the IACCP or buy IACCP products that's your decision.
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 6/04/2008 10:27am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/04/2008 9:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678