Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    11/12/2007 11:18am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    It is an example we all should follow.

I know another individual with a library like that, the guy is a wealth of knowledge on the evolution of Martial Arts in general and the grappling arts in specific.
    I doubt anyone has a collection like Carl.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    11/12/2007 8:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CLINT
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've been reading for awhile regarding the whole Damian Ross & Lt. SCUM BAG thing. I have been in contact with Mr. Browning in the past via email.

If there are questions that you guys want cleared up regarding Carl Cestari, ask away. I'm not here to go back and forth, but to clear the air, cause i'm quite tired of Carl Cestari's NAME being dragged down by Snake oil salesman!

I've trained with Carl from 1993-2007. I was with him till the very end. I was left to continue teaching Carl's methods/System by him, and that can be varified by many, including Carl's wife, Carol!

Clint
    Clint, I have the following videos:

Unarmed Combat (5 DVDs)
    Combat Ju-Jitsu (3 DVDs)
    The O’Neill System
    The Fairbairn Seminar
    Groundfighting
    Advanced Fighting Skills
    Iron Fist Iron Body

Did Carl Cestari get any of the proceeds from my purchases?
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2007 11:09pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Combatives

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a LONG stroy.

But, Yes he did see "Some" money for the video/DVD's. But over all, it was like .5%.

He was sick and got taken advantage of by a snake oil salesman . Had he been around still, well this wouldn't have went down the way it did! It would have looked something like this (Lt. X :violent1: Carl).

C.

Posted On:
    11/12/2007 11:24pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Clint:

If you would like me to split off this thread please tell me.

Here is a question we've talked about via e-mail, so your probably sick of it.

But Damian Ross, obviously considers himself the successor to Carl, and probably told Black Belt magazine this. (how else did they come to this conclusion which it looks like they later took back)

So perhaps you could explain.

1) How long and how much you trained with Carl and how long, and how much Damian trained with Carl to the best of your knowledge.

2) Why Carl gave both of you fourth degree rank in a particular martial art when he knew Damian for less time?

3) What independant evidence proves that you were Carl's chosen successor.

I'm not raising these points to give you a hard time, I suspect we'll run into Damian's followers on line and I'm anticipating their arguments.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    11/12/2007 11:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that's ****.

What's the deal with Damien Ross? I remember seeing him in most of the dvds with Carl as uke or whatever. Is he cool or what?

Uhhh, never mind. Good timing, SB ^_^
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 11/12/2007 11:32pm at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Posted On:
    11/12/2007 11:27pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Additionally we'll be bringing out our review of top secret training in the next week. I hope I won't give anything away by mentioning that we were underwhelmed and Chris Pizzo can't do a proper hip throw to save his life.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 6:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Clint:

If you would like me to split off this thread please tell me.

IF YOU CAN DO THAT, I GUESS IT WOULD BE A GOOD THING.

Here is a question we've talked about via e-mail, so your probably sick of it.

But Damian Ross, obviously considers himself the successor to Carl, and probably told Black Belt magazine this. (how else did they come to this conclusion which it looks like they later took back).

YES, HE WROTE THAT ARTICLE (DAMIAN) FOR BLACK BELT. HOWEVER, IF YOU LOOK AT THE NOVEMBER ISSUE OF BLACK BELT PAGE 38-39 (REALITY-FIGHTING PIONEER DIES) YOU'LL SEE THAT THEY DID THEIR RESEARCH AND IT STATES "CESTARI DESIGNATED LONGTIME STUDENT AND PROTEGE CLINT SPORMAN AS HEIR TO THE SYSTEM AND ITS HEAD INSTRUCTOR."

So perhaps you could explain.

1) How long and how much you trained with Carl and how long, and how much Damian trained with Carl to the best of your knowledge.

I MET CARL IN 1993 AND THATS WHEN I STARTED TRAINING WITH CARL. I WAS WITH CARL TILL THE END (1993-2007). WE WERE EXTREMELY TIGHT, WE WORKED TOGETHER, HUNG OUT TOGETHER, WE TRAINED TOGETHER. I PRACTICLY LIVED AT HIS HOUSE AT ONE POINT.

(NOTE: I KNOW DAMIAN AND WE ARE FRIENDS, IM NOT HERE TO TALK BAD ABOUT HIM OR BELITTLE HIM, BUT I WILL STATE THE FACTS AS I KNOW THEM FOR THE RECORD...AS I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!).

DAMIAN MET CARL IN 1989 AT HIS BOTHERS DOJO (PHIL ROSS). CARL SAT IN ON DAMIAN'S BLACK BELT EXAM IN TAE KWON DO AND WENT TO A SEMINAR CARL HELD AT HIS BROTHERS DOJO AND CARL HAD A BIG INFLUENCE ON HIM. HOWEVER, DAMIAN DIDN'T TRAIN WITH HIM. IT WASN'T UNTIL 2000-2001 THAT DAMIAN CAME INTO THE PICTURE.

2) Why Carl gave both of you fourth degree rank in a particular martial art when he knew Damian for less time?

AROUND 2000/2001 DAMIAN WANTED TO OPEN UP A DOJO AND ASKED CARL FOR HIS HELP SETTING UP A DOJO. WE, CARL, DAMIAN & I WORKED ON DEVELOPING A HARD-CORE SYSTEM OF JUJUTSU (TEKKEN RYU) AND ABOUT A YEAR LATER, DAMIAN BOUGHT A BUILDING AND OPENED THE DOJO. WE WERE BOTH MADE 4TH DEGREE BLACK BELTS BY CARL. EVERY MARTIAL ARTS RANK DAMIAN CLAIMS TO HAVE HE DOES, HE IS AN EXCELLENT MARTIAL ARTIST & WRESTLER AND IF CARL SAID TARIN IN JUDO, HE DID IT! HOWEVER, HE DIDN'T REALLY TRAIN IN COMBATIVES OR WITH CARL FOR ANY EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME.

I CAN NAME AT LEAST A DOZEN OR SO MEN THAT SPENT YEARS TRAINING WITH CARL CESTARI, MEN LIKE; RALPH GRASSO, JIMBO, TONY B, AL T, LARRY B, CARL M, PAUL G, BOBBY B. ETC. MANY, MANY YEARS OF TRAINING WITH THE MAN.

3) What independant evidence proves that you were Carl's chosen successor.

WELL FOR ONE, "I' KNOW (I SAY THAT NOT IN A SMART WAY, BUT ITS SOMETHING CARL WOULD SAY TO ME, "YOU KNOW, AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS"), CARL'S WIFE, CAROL, KNOWS AND WILL STATE IT FOR THE RECORD...AND ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN AROUND, LIKE THE "WOLKPACK" THEY KNOW, AND THE WRITER FOR BLACK-BELT, NOVEMBER'S ARTICLE FOUND OUT AND THATS HOW IT ENDED UP THERE.

I'm not raising these points to give you a hard time, I suspect we'll run into Damian's followers on line and I'm anticipating their arguments.

I KNOW ALL OF DAMIAN'S TOP GUYS/FRIEND'S AT THE DOJO, WE TRAIN TOGETHER, EVERYTHING I JUST STATED IS 110% AS I KNOW IT, AND I DON'T HAVE OLD-TIMERS JUST YET! AGAIN, THIS IS NOT TO FLAME HIM OR GET INTO A PISSING MATCH WITH ANYONE, BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS... I OWE CARL THAT MUCH, AND IF HE WAS HERE, HE'D FOR SURE BACK MY PLAY 1,000% THATS A FACT....

NOW AS FOR THE WHOLE LT. SCUM BAG.........HE IS A TOTAL FAKE! I WON'T EVEN WAST MY BREATH ON THAT WHOLE THING AND IF CARL WAS ALIVE, IT WOULD HAVE NEVER GONE DOWN LIKE THIS, HE (LT. X) ACTUALLY FEARED CARL! HE'S A COMPLETE JOKE!
    TO HIM I SAY :thebirdma

AND IM EASY TO FIND!

C.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 6:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chris Pizzo can't do a proper hip throw to save his life.
    Thats because you REALLY have to TRAIN Judo to do it! :jihad:

C.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 6:24pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CLINT
    But, Yes he did see "Some" money for the video/DVD's. But over all, it was like .5%.
    That sucks, and is why people should get a good lawyer to set these up.

I know a lot of fighters who are getting jack **** for the work they have put into DVDs.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 6:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats what happens when you try and help a friend!:sex: you get it in the REAR!

C.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast