Administrator

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 9:32am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's been asked... "Who Is Bullshido To Judge Martial Arts"

It's the biggest complaint by the anti bs crowd.

Who gives Bullshido the right to judge what and what is Bullshit in the Martial Arts.

With recent events, it can be argued that my 10 months of MMA is more practical than 25 years of Monkey Kung Fu. Do I have the right to say Monkey Kung Fu is ****?

What reasons would I have to list?

1. It looks alot like bar fighting
    2. It didn't help Rudy stop from being taken down to the ground
    3. It didn't knock me out standing
    4. It didn't help Rudy from getting his ear and face punched in
    5. It looks nothing like it does in it's forms
    6. It doesn't help with cardio - Rudy gassed out in a minute

Does it make anyone wonder why it's not seen in any MMA? Other than Big Mouth Bullies issuing challenges, and loosing.

My firsthand views is that Monkey Kung Fu does indeed suck, and I wouldn't train in it. 25 years is a long time to train to get your ass get beat by a MMA Noob.

Does one have to beat a ************ to be able to say, "That **** sucks"?

I already knew Rudy Abel's Kung Fu was ****, beating him just solidified that position.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Pandinha; 11/14/2007 9:35am at .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 9:40am

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, there are people who are CONVINCED that a tinfoil hat will protect them, so being utterly convinced of some mystical eastern animal fighting style is small potatoes in the grand game of mental health defects.

Although is makes me cringe, the truth is, logic doesn't save everybody.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by "Pandinha" aka Anthony
    It's the biggest complaint by the anti bs crowd.

Who gives Bullshido the right to judge what and what is Bullshit in the Martial Arts.

With recent events, it can be argued that my 10 months of MMA is more practical than 25 years of Monkey Kung Fu. Do I have the right to say Monkey Kung Fu is ****?

What reasons would I have to list?

1. It looks alot like bar fighting
    2. It didn't help Rudy stop from being taken down to the ground
    3. It didn't knock me out standing
    4. It didn't help Rudy from getting his ear and face punched in
    5. It looks nothing like it does in it's forms
    6. It doesn't help with cardio - Rudy gassed out in a minute

Does it make anyone wonder why it's not seen in any MMA? Other than Big Mouth Bullies issuing challenges, and loosing.

My firsthand views is that Monkey Kung Fu does indeed suck, and I wouldn't train in it. 25 years is a long time to train to get your ass get beat by a MMA Noob.

Does one have to beat a ************ to be able to say, "That **** sucks"?

I already knew Rudy Abel's Kung Fu was ****, beating him just solidified that position.

Thoughts?
    Thoughts, your sample size is too small to make the judgment you're trying to make. While you beating Rudy is great and I give you all the respect that you deserve for that, you are making much too broad a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by "Pandinha" aka Anthony
    With recent events, it can be argued that my 10 months of MMA is more practical than 25 years of Monkey Kung Fu.
    Not really, you're making a "style vs style" arguement, and it has been argued to death that that's NOT the deciding factor between two people. If there even is really just one factor.

Additionally, it has been stated over and over by the higher admins of this site that Bullshido and its users is not a single entity. And so "Bullshido" cannot be the judge of anything.

Edit: Nor can "Bullshido" be judged as a single entity.
    Last edited by MaverickZ; 11/14/2007 10:03am at .

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 9:58am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know who we aren't, and that's a single individual with a particular skill or experience level.

It's just as asinine to judge "Bullshido" as a single entity as it is to judge CMA as a whole.

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I´m with Maverick on this. Anthony, you saw for yourself that Rudy could strike, and that means something.

If a BJJ whitebelt takes a professional kickboxer to the ground and taps him out that doesn´t mean kickboxing sucks, and you know it. Also, there is no "bullshido" entity, as far as I know.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who is Bullshido to judge MA?

Well, the phenomenon that is the Bullshido board is a conglomerate of people with an extensive background in a wide variety of Martial Arts. Martial hobbyists, cultural researchers, professional fighters, military, law enforcement, academia, business professionals, and yes, idiot 15 year olds posting from mom's basement. The common thread running through this tangled mess is a passion for critical thinking and evidentiary based reasoning.

Most importantly, the core of Bullshido is made up of people from all walks of life that just happen to share a lifelong passion, the study and practice of the arts of combat. Obviously the collective knowledge of Bullshido is enough to "judge" a martial art either through prior experience or through analysis of evidence. And really, once you get past all the bjj nutriding (which is well deserved) most posters here are very reasonable with regards to what can and can't work. In fact, most of the issue I have seen on Bullshido revolve around training methods rather than actual technique sets which comprise a martial art.

So blah, blah, blah...guys like KFDW/Rudy/KFownU/...choose to take the route of heaviest resistance in order to fulfill some lifetime dream, goal, hope, wish, to one day prove their kung-fu in some sort of mystical battle which results in them getting punched in the face in a dirty gym or shitty parking lot somewhere, much to the dismay of sycophants everywhere; when all along the evidence the sought was right in front of their face just waiting, no begging, to be noticed. I almost feel bad for Rudy, but the reality is that he got everything he hoped for and demanded, he just couldn't close the deal on an average guy with 10 months of MMA. Who is "Bullshido" to judge, I think its pretty obvious Bullshido is the Judge, Jury, and Executioner on this one.

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know the line is that you don't represent Bullshido, but in reality, we all do, no matter what.

Anybody who's ever discussed politics will know this is true. Whether you're a dirty liberal hippy or a fascist bible-banger, you WILL get lumped together by opposing viewpoints, no matter how much you try to differentiate yourself. WE are not THEM, so THEY hate US.

Bullshido IS an entity, I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 10:13am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I definitely think that "Bullshido" as an entity can't make a judgement, as has already been said. Really, you have to make the judgement based on your own personal experiences, and in that regard I would say that you are just fine in judging that Monkey Kung Fu sucks, Anthony. You've proven that for yourself.

However, I agree at least partially with Osiris, and - for the same reasons - I disagree with Maverick (on almost the exact same points that I've disagreed with him on in the KMA forums multiple times). If it didn't happen every time, maybe, just maybe, I would give the individual more credit. But you can only watch each separate individual who fits into whatever particular group lose so many times before a pattern emerges.

No, you can't fight one dude who studied Kung Fu for 25 years, beat him, and say that Kung Fu sucks for everybody. But if you do that, and someone else does the same thing, and someone else does the same thing... there's a chance that it's just that each of those individuals blow at life, but I would say that there's a greater chance that the pattern actually means something more significant.
    Last edited by Tangent; 11/14/2007 11:18am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 10:23am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arrogance is not good.

Respect every style, they all have something to offer.

Personnally in general, i think if youre not at a high panam skill level, you should train more and talk less ****.

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 10:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartialArtN00b
    Arrogance is not good.

Respect every style, they all have something to offer.

Personnally in general, i think if youre not at a high panam skill level, you should train more and talk less ****.
    I think you should just talk less, period.

Not every style has something to offer, unless you count sucking as something.

Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast