Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 7:26pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Many "prettyfied" gym chains allow it. Like LA Fitness for example. Certainly Worlds and Golds Gym. But 24 Hour Fitness, they even have a "grunt" alarm. That is, if you grunt loud enough after a heavy lift (not yell or scream, but the natural grunt that comes after a heavy squat), the alarm will go off... and you can get your membership cancelled because of that.

That's taking ghey ***** **** to a whole new level :tongue6:
    Haha... I remember watching an interview with the first guy who got banned from there for grunting. He took them to court or something if my memory serves me!

Their aim was to make fitness less intimidating!!!

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 9:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Many "prettyfied" gym chains allow it. Like LA Fitness for example. Certainly Worlds and Golds Gym. But 24 Hour Fitness, they even have a "grunt" alarm. That is, if you grunt loud enough after a heavy lift (not yell or scream, but the natural grunt that comes after a heavy squat), the alarm will go off... and you can get your membership cancelled because of that.

That's taking ghey ***** **** to a whole new level :tongue6:
    I believe you're thinking of Planet Fitness. I've deadlifted in plenty of 24 hour fitnesses, with only the occasional weird look from the trainers, but no one ever scolded me.

I love messing with the trainers. I haven't done the free health screening yet, but whenever they ask what my goals are, if I want to lose weight or get bigger, I always say "I want to deadlift 800lbs".
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12