Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GET YOUR ASS IN SHAPE BEEP BOOP

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 7:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido's Crossfit Workout - Wednesday 071114

"Linda" 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of the triplet: Deadlift: 1 1/2 body weight Bench press: body weight Clean: 3/4 body weight Set up three bars and storm through for time. Post time to comments. Compare to 071011. Enlarge image Hari Interview, Part 3 - video [wmv] [mov]...

Original Post on Crossfit (Off-Site Link)

Download - 17.67 MB - video/quicktime

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 11:14am

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want to say that this workout is BRUTAL. Even for a little guy like me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 12:26pm

Style: Kickboxing, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboy
    I just want to say that this workout is BRUTAL. Even for a little guy like me.
    Hell yeah! Never let it be said that these guys aren't extremely fit!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 2:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been following Crossfit for over a year now and this WOD still brings a touch of fear.

The first time I did this I had DOMS so bad it hurt to take a dump.

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 11:17pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you do if you can't bench your body weight? and my gym doesn't allow cleans.... suggestions?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 7:49am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ignatzami
    What do you do if you can't bench your body weight? and my gym doesn't allow cleans.... suggestions?
    With the crossfit workouts you should always scale it down to what you can. On Linda I always scale down the DL. Even though I can DL 275, not 55 times coupled with the 55 cleans.

As far as what to do about cleans.. See if they'll allow dumbbell cleans.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 8:14am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A gym that doesn't allow cleans is not a gym but a make-believe-fitness center. Sorry for the rant but I got to get that off my chest.

Going back to the topic. Jesus Christ, this is a nice (brutal) one. Ignatzami, if you notice in the picture of person doing this WOD, he's using dumbbells (not sure if those were for this particular WOD.)

If you can't bench your body weight, just scale it down to something you can bench for maybe 15 reps (you'll need that to make it through the decreasing 10 sets.) Some people can bench a lot more with dumbbells than with barbells, so that's another adjustment you can make.

And as narmer65 said, see if they can allow dumbbell cleans, or at the very least, hang cleans (where the barbell or dumbbels hang at arms lenght and never hit the floor.)

***** gyms go ZOMG!!11 OH NOES!!1 with cleans when the weights hit the floor. Maybe they'll let you use a barbell for a hang clean. And if not, just use the dumbbells (just be careful since they put more pressure on the shoulder.)

Scale it down to what you can, and change the equipment to what's allowed... or go to a real gym (jk... but not really :tongue3:)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 11:23am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For Linda it's suppose to be all bars, thus her nickname "The 3 bars of death". There's a video posted today of one of the regular CF girls doing it. Well worth the look if only for the eye candy :-P

I also have to agree with El Macho's rant. If you are going to try and follow CF you're going to need a gym that allows cleans, deadlifts and other exercises that would probably make the people at your gym faint.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 2:57pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Many "prettyfied" gym chains allow it. Like LA Fitness for example. Certainly Worlds and Golds Gym. But 24 Hour Fitness, they even have a "grunt" alarm. That is, if you grunt loud enough after a heavy lift (not yell or scream, but the natural grunt that comes after a heavy squat), the alarm will go off... and you can get your membership cancelled because of that.

That's taking ghey ***** **** to a whole new level :tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

l Travel To Get Choked!

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 4:26pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure the gym would allow hang cleans. They might even allow regular cleans as it's an on campus gym but I'm not too comfortable with the idea due to very limited space. As for the "grunt alarm" wow.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast