Military Veteran

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 5:54pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     The POW Network Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by money tree View Post
    It seems by Mr. Robinson's post that Bob actually did something good. That man "George" hopefully will get in come uppance. Did he take Bob down a notch by actually deceiving him as Bob has done to many other people. As it goes, we all get what we deserve and it comes back to us multiply harder. Not only is this story going around all the sites, some of his personal issues in court are too, and his his executive producer, Brian is touting Po's horn about being a hero now. Bob is a mess all over.

Bob surely played the victim to Mr. Robinson, but no here or there, the information on "George" will be given to a person that can do something about it.
    Gentlemen... with the assistance of Mr. Rivera the necessary information has been obtained to send for his true military records under the Freedom Of Information Act. He most certainly is NOT a US Navy SEAL, and now we shall determine if he has any actual military experience or not. The photographic evidence which I have been given is clear enough to reveal several of the ribbons which the man was wearing, including at least one which is listed as a "medal of valor" in the text of the STOLEN VALOR ACT OF 2005. When his military records (if any exist) arrive from the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, the list of authorized awards will be compared with what he has been photographed wearing.

The folks at the POW Network turn over at least one (1) case, and sometimes more to the FBI each week. When they are turned over to the federal authorities all of the 'leg work' has already been completed, evidence gathered and labeled, graphic proof included, and it is literally ready for federal prosecution. However... the federal prosecutors must make the decision based upon a number of factors, not the least of which is $MONEY$. While the STOLEN VALOR ACT OF 2005 mandated changes/amendments to existing laws which effectively gave those laws "some teeth"... there was no increase in funding associated with the law. Now there are a lot more people who can be prosecuted, but the funding to handle the job has not been increased. While each and every case is investigated, those which use the false military claims for monetary gain, unearned VA benefits, medical benefits, etc, are more likely to be prosecuted. Truthfully, unless we can find evidence that this man has falsely obtained monies or benefits as a result of his false claims, then he is likely to NOT be prosecuted.

Public awareness of his transgressions is most likely going to be the best sauce for this particular bit of gristle. The POW NETWORK has performed a basic background check on the name that was provided, and determined that it is probably NOT an alias... and that it is most likely the man's real name. They are already working on a full display of information and photograph(s) of the man for posting on their PHONIES AND WANNABES web listing.

I will refrain from directly identifying the man by name until things are finalized, but once that information is posted, anyone who GOOGLES his name will find that full page display with all the details about his lies.

NOTE:
    I've been sent all sorts of emails regarding Mr. Rivera; emails which include all sorts of statements about his "manipulating" me or "playing me like a fiddle", and emails which decry his past actions and intentions over the previous years. Let me make it perfectly clear that Mr. Rivera is not the focus of MY investigation. Mr. Rivera did not make false claims of military status, heroics, or anything of the sort. As a radio broadcaster he reported the claims being made by another man... a man he truly believed to be what he claimed, and whom he counted as a friend. Mr. Rivera's only fault in this matter is the all-too-human trait of believing what someone told him... and then standing by the man he thought to be his friend when others asked for verification of his military credentials.

I have exchanged emails with Mr. Rivera, and spoken with him at great length by telephone (he voluntarily emailed ME... he voluntarily called ME... I did not initially contact him). During those conversations I provided Mr. Rivera with such information as would allow him to see how/where the claims being made by the "SEAL COMMAND MASTER CHIEF" fell short of reality and directly conflicted with the way things were done in the NSW community. In these same conversations Mr. Rivera has expressed his personal emotions related to learning that the man he thought was a "friend" had blatantly and shamelessly lied to him for over a year. I've personally dealt with literally hundreds and hundreds of victims, and Mr. Rivera is clearly a VICTIM in this particular situation.

Whatever else he may be, whatever else he may have done (or not done), whomever he may have pissed off here at BULLSHIDO... in this instance he HELPED... he COOPERATED... and because of his voluntary assistance this military imposter will be publicly spotlighted. Unless and until I learn that Mr. Rivera was a knowing participant in presenting a military fraud, I will not be a part of any efforts to hang him out to dry as a reward for that assistance. I was asked to participate in this case because there was a SEAL imposter involved and questions were asked regarding that man's claims. I am dealing with that case... successfully... because of Mr. Rivera's cooperation.

You all may fault Mr. Rivera for his past conduct, past behavior, or past business practices associated with MMA or with other matters... but that is truly none of my business. He has helped me to do what needed to be done to resolve the matter of a military fraud falsely claiming to be a Navy SEAL.

I ask that all those who have seen it as their duty to send me emails and attached documents deriding Mr. Rivera for his past deeds CEASE DOING SO. Exchange those emails and attached documents among yourselves if you feel it necessary, but please do not send them to me.

Respectfully,
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
    -UDT-SEAL Association - Member
    -POW Network Board of Directors
    -Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    -Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    -FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    -CyberSEALs.org - Webmaster
    -Author - NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters

Posted On:
    7/28/2009 9:12pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doesn't a conviction under the "Stolen Valor" act bring a fine of upwards of about $250,000?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

Military Veteran

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 7:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The STOLEN VALOR ACT OF 2005 is basically an amendment to existing laws - specifically Title 18 US Code, Sections 702 & 704. Those amendments affect some of the max fines and jail times which can be applied, based upon the specifics of the violation.

Wording related to fines and jail time generally amount to "a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment of up to 1 year, or both, may be assessed for each count on which the defendent is convicted" ... or words very close to that.
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE

Welterweight

Posted On:
    7/29/2009 9:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacksmithSEAL View Post
    The STOLEN VALOR ACT OF 2005 is basically an amendment to existing laws - specifically Title 18 US Code, Sections 702 & 704. Those amendments affect some of the max fines and jail times which can be applied, based upon the specifics of the violation.

Wording related to fines and jail time generally amount to "a fine of up to $10,000 and imprisonment of up to 1 year, or both, may be assessed for each count on which the defendent is convicted" ... or words very close to that.
    Excellent work on this case, guys. I'm thinking you guys have set the standard for investigating questionable military claims.

However, I'd say it would be extremely unlikely for anyone in this case to be charged. Federal prosecutors don't like to bother with the little fish and a 1-year prison term isn't exactly worth a notch on their belt.

And even if charged and convicted, those fines and prison terms are likely to be greatly reduced, possibly to next to nothing. With a 1-year maximum, I'd guess the guy would get off with a small fine, court costs and probation.

First timers, even in the federal systems, rarely get the maximum penalties in my experience.

Military Veteran

Posted On:
    8/07/2009 5:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The combined fine and jail time are "for each count upon which the offender is convicted"... so if the man is wearing (unauthorized) or falsely claiming a number of different awards which are specifically called out in the Stolen Valor Act of 2005, then the stakes go up considerably.

For example, five falsely-claimed medals would put the fines at upwards of $50,000, and the potential jail time at 5 years. If the man is not a legitimate military veteran, then even the wearing of the uniform itself is a violation of Title 18 USC Sec 702, and has its own fines/jail time stipulations.

If the man is using false military claims to obtain veteran's benefits (disability compensation, medical care, etc) then anything he has received through the use of those false claims is liable for repayment in full... with jail time in addition to repayments and possibly additional punitive fines.

One lie is very rare. In most cases I've encountered, the lies are numerous, with each one resting partially upon others and providing a web of deceipt. This man has taken the time to put together a full dress uniform with an impressive array of awards, and a very intricate 'story line'; I can just about guarantee that there's much more than one single lie here. Phonies who put this much effort into the charade are into the fantasy world in a very VERY big way, and I'd be willing to bet that even the liar doesn't know where some of the lies end and the truth starts anymore.

This may be a 'first timer' in the federal system, but his transgressions are not likely to be 'small' in any sense of the word. I agree that he may never be prosectured... but not for the reasons you cite. The system is overwhelmed, and the feds have to make the biggest possible "bang" for the bucks they spend. The FBI agent who handles these cases receives over 50 detailed case reports every week... but only about 25 were prosectured throughout all of last calendar year. The money to chase down all of these dirtbags and then take them to trial is just not there. They have to pick and choose.

I can only hope that when we finally get all of the 'intel' on this guy that we'll have enough to make the FBI sit up and give the turd the special attention he so richly deserves.

Respectfully,
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE

Featherweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2010 11:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heard Master Po has been retaliating against the Cliffords for their thread on this board all over the internet. Hope they snag his ass. Turns out he never recuperated from being exposed and had to move down to Florida and move back in with his mommy, and now he is hiding in Culebra, Puerto Rico because of child support issues.

He never bounced back after your exposure of him, his prior students confirmation of his shady practices, his being duped by that fake navy seal, his abandonment of his own kid and the failure of his rinky dink radio show that he thought was his ticket.

Let's see if Clark and Carolyn return the favor and bring his ass into court for harrassment.

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 9:24pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wow you deleted my post

Well not that it really matters at this point.. but i find it very UN-creditable and immature for a site to remove my post because of an opposite honest opinion. No worries :) Trolls are everywhere no a days :) they lack real life experience and respect. Congrats!

Posted On:
    4/10/2012 9:43pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=#post2681663

No, you're just being a moron because accused us of deleting your post when you actually made it on a different threat about Mr. Rivera. See the above link.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839