Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Military Veteran

Posted On:
    7/07/2009 1:35pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     The POW Network Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Reading it NOW... thank you. Sent requested business reference to Sam Browning to pass along to you. Thanks again for your kindness.
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
    -UDT-SEAL Association - Member
    -POW Network Board of Directors
    -Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    -Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    -FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    -CyberSEALs.org - Webmaster
    -Author - NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters

Posted On:
    7/08/2009 12:38pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Open Letter to Robert Rivera and Brian Smith:

Sent via e-mail to Brian Smith:

Dear Robert and Brian:

It seems that we have a problem. The SEAL Command Master Chief whom you brought on your show has a whole bunch of problems with his story. Steve Robinson has identified them in two of his posts on Bullshido. See http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=62443&page=35
    Posts #342 and #346

I doubt this guy is a SEAL Command Master Chief, but its always possible that I'm wrong. What's more likely is that he is one of thousands of men who wander around the United States claiming to be SEALs or ex-SEALS and who sometimes go to elaborate lengths to present this lie. For example by assembling a complete dress uniform with all the decorations.

Don't believe me? Please read Steve Robinson's book "No Guts, No Glory" which is available through http://www.moosecreekforge.com/special.html
    He has dozens of case histories of such individuals.

Almost anyone can be fooled by such individuals. I'll admit that I could be fooled as well. The issue is what do you do once someone credible (Such as Steve Robinson) has said, based on his experience, that the Master Chief is not who he says he is.

We are willing to have this individual contact Steve directly to confirm his identity. If Steve says the guy is a SEAL Command Master Chief, I'll promptly apologize. If the guy is legitimate then his name will not be made public here. However if he is lying it will be.

At some point Robert and Brian, if you continue to promote this guy's stories and he's not legitimate, you are part of the problem not part of the solution. In other words if you refuse to check on his story, after being advised there is a problem, and the guy is lying, you will be actively facilitating a fraud. Though I don't like Robert, I would like to believe that he would not willingly make a decision to engage in such conduct.

Here is my proposal.

1) You guys get in touch with Steve directly with the guys full name and other details, and Steve runs the background check. He is at shadek@tri-lakes.net

2) You have the guy contact Steve directly.

If you don't want to do #1 or #2, in a week I'll assume this guy is not legitimate and that there are no operational security issues. I will then put up a front page story about this guy featuring screen captures of his face. These pictures will also go up on the POW-Network site, and we will ask for people to identify this individual. We might not get a name immediately but it will turn up sooner or later.

Please do what is right.

Samuel Browning
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 7/08/2009 12:44pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 5:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post

Dear Robert and Brian:

It seems that we have a problem. The SEAL Command Master Chief whom you brought on your show has a whole bunch of problems with his story. Steve Robinson has identified them in two of his posts on Bullshido. See http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=62443&page=35
    Posts #342 and #346

I doubt this guy is a SEAL Command Master Chief, but its always possible that I'm wrong. What's more likely is that he is one of thousands of men who wander around the United States claiming to be SEALs or ex-SEALS and who sometimes go to elaborate lengths to present this lie. For example by assembling a complete dress uniform with all the decorations.

Don't believe me? Please read Steve Robinson's book "No Guts, No Glory" which is available through http://www.moosecreekforge.com/special.html

Almost anyone can be fooled by such individuals. I'll admit that I could be fooled as well. The issue is what do you do once someone credible (Such as Steve Robinson) has said, based on his experience, that the Master Chief is not who he says he is.

We are willing to have this individual contact Steve directly to confirm his identity. If Steve says the guy is a SEAL Command Master Chief, I'll promptly apologize. If the guy is legitimate then his name will not be made public here. However if he is lying it will be.

At some point Robert and Brian, if you continue to promote this guy's stories and he's not legitimate, you are part of the problem not part of the solution. In other words if you refuse to check on his story, after being advised there is a problem, and the guy is lying, you will be actively facilitating a fraud. Though I don't like Robert, I would like to believe that he would not willingly make a decision to engage in such conduct.

Here is my proposal.

1) You guys get in touch with Steve directly with the guys full name and other details, and Steve runs the background check. He is at shadek@tri-lakes.net

If you don't want to do #1 or #2, in a week I'll assume this guy is not legitimate and that there are no operational security issues. I will then put up a front page story about this guy featuring screen captures of his face. These pictures will also go up on the POW-Network site, and we will ask for people to identify this individual. We might not get a name immediately but it will turn up sooner or later.

Please do what is right.

Samuel Browning

The day Bob does anything that is the right thing will be a day that time stands still. Those words hold no meaning to him.

Military Veteran

Posted On:
    7/09/2009 5:47pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     The POW Network Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We'll see... I sent a detailed account of this situation to a SEAL official at USSOCOM. We may never know what they do or say, but I strongly suspect that "MasterPo" will definitely listen respectfully to what they tell him.

I have also provided the link to that "MasterPo XM Radio" page to nearly 300 of my SEAL Teammates. I indicated that there was also a "CONTACT" button which would permit them to email "MasterPo" directly. I may never know how many of them take that action either... but I can truthfully say that the ones I've heard from are FUCKING FURIOUS!

:cussing:
    Steve Robinson RM2(SEAL)
    USN 1970-1978
    SEAL Team ONE
    Inshore Undersea Warfare Group ONE
    -UDT-SEAL Association - Member
    -POW Network Board of Directors
    -Naval Special Warfare Archives - SOF Analyst/Contributing Journalist
    -Disabled American Veterans - Life Member
    -FORMER Special Investigator - SEAL Authentication Team
    -CyberSEALs.org - Webmaster
    -Author - NO GUTS, NO GLORY - Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2009 3:41pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Posted On:
    7/11/2009 3:43pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On Friday, July 10, 2010 I called the Naval Special Warfare Command Public Affairs Office (619-522-2823). I left a message and Lt. Nathan Potter called me back.

He told me that there are no Medal of Honor awards pending for living SEALS. He also was quite surprised that a Command Master Chief who was an active duty SEAL was doing radio interviews without first coordinating with the public affairs office.

He has requested that this alleged Master Chief call him immediately to verify his identity. He also indicated to me that for quite some time he has been fielding inquiries about various fake SEALs so he would like to see this matter cleared up.

His e-mail is nathanpotter@navsoc.socom.mil

Robert, its time you addressed this situation.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/12/2009 9:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On Friday, July 10, 2010 I called the Naval Special Warfare Command Public Affairs Office (619-522-2823). I left a message and Lt. Nathan Potter called me back.

He told me that there are no Medal of Honor awards pending for living SEALS. He also was quite surprised that a Command Master Chief who was an active duty SEAL was doing radio interviews without first coordinating with the public affairs office.

He has requested that this alleged Master Chief call him immediately to verify his identity. He also indicated to me that for quite some time he has been fielding inquiries about various fake SEALs so he would like to see this matter cleared up.

His e-mail is nathanpotter@navsoc.socom.mil

Robert, its time you addressed this situation.

They were quick to brag about having a Command Master Chief on their show, but they are not so quick to admit they were bested and now they are dishonoring all of our men and women serving our country.

Bob never had honor and never will.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/13/2009 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow who would have thought Bobby Rivera would have turned out to be such a punk?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 4:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dear Robert and Brian:

Posts #342 and #346

Here is my proposal.

Please do what is right.

Samuel Browning

24 hours to go...............

Posted On:
    7/14/2009 4:48pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll give Robert and Brian until the end of Friday to respond. If they don't I can promise they won't like the headline on the article. "Master Po Protects and Enables Fake SEALS"
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 7/14/2009 4:54pm at .