Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/10/2007 9:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hapkido School advice needed

Hello. Just a quick question on the topic of Hapkido:

I just moved to an apartment in Toronto, and there's a hapkido school called "Eagle Hapkido" near my place. The head instructor is Hwang In-Shik.

http://www.eaglehapkido.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwang_in_shik

I was just wondering if anyone here has information about him or his school. I'll probably drop by this week to see a class. I've read a lot of the information/debates about hapkido on this (and other) forum. Like most martial arts (and most other skills for that matter), a lot of it seems to come down to finding a good instructor and school.

Does anyone know anything about this particular school/instructor? I don't have much background in martial arts, and since it's a fairly considerable investment of time and money to study one I want to make sure I go somewhere reputable.

Thanks in advance.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2007 10:17pm

Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably one of the better hapkido schools you will find anywhere. My instructor trained with him for a number of years.

If you are interested in checking a few places out, we are also located in toronto downtown.

http://www.eastwesthapkido.com/
    Last edited by bradtacs; 11/10/2007 10:21pm at .

Posted On:
    11/10/2007 10:36pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the link. I used to live three blocks away from your school, near Spadina and Dundas. Is your school still affiliated with Eagle?

I've been interested in hapkido for a while, but I've moved around too much over the past few years to commit to a school (never more than 8-10 months in one place). Now that it looks like I will be in Toronto for a while, I will definitely check it out.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    11/11/2007 10:42am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, it's Hwang Inshik. JUST GO!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2007 11:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mukade
    Thanks for the link. I used to live three blocks away from your school, near Spadina and Dundas. Is your school still affiliated with Eagle?
    Nope, as is the way with these kinds of relationships they do not talk anymore. Typical martial arts politics.

I've been interested in hapkido for a while, but I've moved around too much over the past few years to commit to a school (never more than 8-10 months in one place). Now that it looks like I will be in Toronto for a while, I will definitely check it out.
    Sounds good, that is my suggestion go check out a bunch of schools and see what environment / instructor suits what you are looking for best.

Hope to see you over at our school as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2007 11:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope, as is the way with these kinds of relationships they do not talk anymore. Typical martial arts politics.

Sounds good, that is my suggestion go check out a bunch of schools and see what environment / instructor suits what you are looking for best.

Hope to see you over at our school as well.

Posted On:
    11/11/2007 12:17pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Errant108: I definitely will!

Bradtacs: Next time I'm downtown, I'll come by and check it out. Good to know that there are a number of good hapkido schools in Toronto to choose from.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/10/2007 2:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido,Judo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Id say go and check it out but also look at a few others