Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 9:04am

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    When you see someone murderize the bag...try to enjoy it, because you can aquire the ability and stamina to do the same over time.

Emotionally, I try to enjoy the sum of what's going on in totality. That way I'm not comparing myself to each and every guy/gal training...that would be depressing. I can hold my own, but won't set myself up by expecting to own a pro or good amateur fighter without some heavy punishment over time (eons).

Taking a beating from someone with real class, is exposing you to superb technique, that can then be used on other poor fools. All of my good habits came from eating ugly shots, and not wanting another...ever. I imagine it's like that for a lot of people.

I'm just waiting for more beatings, so I can improve again. Don't let one month define anything. If you still feel this way after a year, then look closely at what's going on...but a month is barely time for your body to even become aware something's changed in the demands made upon it. Keep at it.
    The first beating is always magical. This helps break egos that may exist. If you have someone who thinks their hot ****, and they not, beating them may destroy their ego, but some people it does not.

I remember the first time I sparred a boxer. I got my ass handed to me, mainly because I'm not use to fighting just using my hands. I enjoyed it very much. A semi bloddy nose for a week is always fun.

I found that after a good beating I find things I could have done better, which helps. Two things you can do help you with egos. Don't let beatings be a let down, think of it has a learning process.

Another thing I found is to video tape fights. This way you will have a visual reference to look at and you can see from another angle what you were doing wrong. That I found to help me a lot of my training. Also it doesn't hurt to have someone (Preferably someone who knows what they are doing) watch you spar. This way someone else can give you advice as to what to improve.

A thing I also found to be helpful is finding a sparring partner who will let you know when you make mistakes after you are doing sparring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2007 11:52am

Style: Heal-Jitsu..yet again :-(

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by streanor
    You're right, of course. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and how they got over themselves. Your right that now I know somewhat what I need to work one, and that's a very good thing. I guess I just have to work on the whole delayed gratification thing ... like an adult.
    i'm definitely right there with you. i've been taking muay thai for about 4 or 5 months and boxing for about 2 months. although we don't sparr yet in the boxing classes, i always get frustrated when i sparr against more experienced guys in MT. I know that every shot I land should be a victory but it's never good enough for me. i don't know what it is about sparring with guys..but i just want to be able to rip them to pieces. Much like myself, you just need to learn to chill out and focus on technique as opposed to power. Also - someone mentioned sparring with more experienced people. This is something I have been doing before and / or after class
    Last edited by dinnerpig; 11/29/2007 11:54am at .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123