Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Boxing for FMA

  1. #11
    SuperGuido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Plasticville, CA
    Posts
    1,348
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like an interesting combination.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibyaXYSewk

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    82
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting!
    Although our Kali stance is a lot more mobile.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dingirfecho
    Interesting!
    Although our Kali stance is a lot more mobile.
    How does this differ from basic boxing stance and does it affect your punch power?

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    82
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofudog
    How does this differ from basic boxing stance and does it affect your punch power?
    Well, the Kali stance that we use looks a little like the boxing stance, but with wider steps. We also tend to bend the knees a little more when stepping towards diagonals for level switches. In general, our arms are less "set" into a guard (I mean orthodox guard, not philly shell) and even when not punching, they´re moving a lot. Remember that we use the forearms to punch.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    271
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dingirfecho
    Well, the Kali stance that we use looks a little like the boxing stance, but with wider steps. We also tend to bend the knees a little more when stepping towards diagonals for level switches. In general, our arms are less "set" into a guard (I mean orthodox guard, not philly shell) and even when not punching, they´re moving a lot. Remember that we use the forearms to punch.
    Thanks. I am very much intrigued and puzzled by FMA´s. I try to take a Kali intro seminar later in year

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    82
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, it´s a pleasure

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO