Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I'm not witty enough for this custom title.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboy
    Pretty kick-ass bit... and that's one thing about Iowa, there ain't much there to distract you from training your ass off.
    Yeah, but I bet you there aren't too many jobs around there either, meaning that dedicated folk that want to do MMA may have a hard time making a living during their first few years of training.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    our gym is 25 a month. Enough people quit without some not being able to afford it.
    25?! ****, I pay $150 even with two discounts. Everything is so damn expensive over here.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaton Yu
    Cool video.

$75 per month, eh? Really lends credence to my argument that any training that costs more than $100 a month is a rip-off.

I'm talkin to you, BJJ. :qright5:
    Where do you guys live?? For me, 100 is a good deal!

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You won't find many cheap MA schools/gyms/dojos.

Think about it in elementary economics terms - supply & demand. There are a lot of MA schools. Of those, there are a lot of MMA and BJJ schools. Of those, there are schools/gyms more 'commoner' oriented and then there are the schools/gyms more 'fighter' oriented, the main difference being that the 'fighter' oriented gyms include conditioning and strength training into their program.

Now consider how many people want to become "ultimate fighters." Now consider how many people are dumbasses (after all, 50% of all people are below average, by definition). So due to dumbassery, monetary problems, family problems, and other shenanigans, most people will quit the fighter oriented gyms because they require too much dedication. So when you have a place like Pat's MMA gym, the price will be low because of the high drop-out rate and because of Pat's small fortune (from the 10% rule) and dedication to the sport.

In my opinion, it's really the $75 and the "tithe" that make it all possible.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was the best article on mma from mainstream media ever.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdean
    That was the best article on mma from mainstream media ever.
    Yeap, no bullshit, no opinions, just MMA fighters and their drive for success.

Page 2 of 2 First 12