Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Ke?poFist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,952
    Style
    Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    ESPN Video on MMA and Miletich Camp

    Awesome Awesome freaking segment. Supposedly working on the piece really raised the reporters own view of MMA, while this vid really makes me respect Miletich and Team Miletich fighters even more.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...ediaId=3087185
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    1,444
    Style
    Mixed-Up Martial Arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very well done video. Did not mention anything about it being a "blood sport" or "human cock fighting".

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Balls deep
    Posts
    405
    Style
    Judo, Xbox
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool video.


    $75 per month, eh? Really lends credence to my argument that any training that costs more than $100 a month is a rip-off.

    I'm talkin to you, BJJ. :qright5:

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    128
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaton Yu
    Cool video.


    $75 per month, eh? Really lends credence to my argument that any training that costs more than $100 a month is a rip-off.

    I'm talkin to you, BJJ. :qright5:

    8 years ago I paid 120 a month for Aikido. Now I pay 70 a month for BJJ.

    If I could get the time back that I spent on Aikido and trade it for BJJ, I'd gladly pay 120 a month.

    That said, if I don't have to, I don't WANT to pay that much again :happy:

    EDIT: I guess I should note that all the Judo I have learned has been dirt cheap or free. Yay Judo.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Balls deep
    Posts
    405
    Style
    Judo, Xbox
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Punch
    8 years ago I paid 120 a month for Aikido. Now I pay 70 a month for BJJ.

    If I could get the time back that I spent on Aikido and trade it for BJJ, I'd gladly pay 120 a month.

    That said, if I don't have to, I don't WANT to pay that much again :happy:

    EDIT: I guess I should note that all the Judo I have learned has been dirt cheap or free. Yay Judo.

    Aikido? OUCH!

    At least when you pay too much for BJJ you get good training out of the deal.



    Yay Judo indeed.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    128
    Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaton Yu
    Aikido? OUCH!

    At least when you pay too much for BJJ you get good training out of the deal.



    Yay Judo indeed.
    There were upsides to the Aikido. Everyone was really nice, and I met my first Judo instructor there.

    The funny thing is a lot of the Aikido people crosstrained Judo. Quite a few of them even admitted they would fall back to Judo in self defense situations. Many reasoned that Aikido was some higher art that took years of meditation and practice to become effective.

    The best part was the average reaction to BJJ. Around that time, most Aikido practitioners would dismiss BJJ offhand, but the ones who trained Judo seemed to understand what was going on. They'd see an armbar and say,"Look, it's juji-gatame".

  7. #7
    JohnnyCache's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,536
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    " a lot of people are afraid of failure but even more people are afraid of success...I want to make sure when I get there I am not afraid"

    our gym is 25 a month. Enough people quit without some not being able to afford it.


  8. #8
    Demon Eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,043
    Style
    Regretfully, TKD.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a really good segment. Actually, the best I have seen so far. Props to ESPN and Pat.

  9. #9
    partyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,584
    Style
    bjj/(not enough)MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pretty kick-ass bit... and that's one thing about Iowa, there ain't much there to distract you from training your ass off.

  10. #10
    I'm not witty enough for this custom title.
    krazy kaju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    1,197
    Style
    In Hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    " a lot of people are afraid of failure but even more people are afraid of success...I want to make sure when I get there I am not afraid"

    our gym is 25 a month. Enough people quit without some not being able to afford it.
    LOL, yeah, that's what I was thinking.

    The price is probably so low because so many people join that they don't need high prices to make profit, but then again so many quit so they need low prices to keep all those dedicated folk from quitting due to monetary problems.

    Not to mention that with the 10% earnings policy, Pat definitely doesn't need to worry about not making profit, considering that he's trained/cornered Matt Hughes and Jens Pulver in the past and Tim Sylvia and Robbie Lawler in the present.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO