Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2007 8:01am

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so what your saying is any one who does alive drilling will know that this is not an optimal check. and that any instructor who teaches this probably has little to no alivenss in his training.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 12:09pm

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_malk
    so what your saying is any one who does alive drilling will know that this is not an optimal check. and that any instructor who teaches this probably has little to no alivenss in his training.
    Actually what I'm saying is that for ME this is not a check that I like. I have not trained every FMA style that is out there, nor have I trained with this particular instructor, so it wouldn't be fair for me to assume the level of aliveness in his training methods.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 8:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough. Ps i am going to try and get there next week i have range time this sat.

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 8:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Escrima can be pretty devastating when done by a skilled artist, but Dog Brothers kickass. Filipina women are hot though
    Last edited by owthathurts; 11/14/2007 8:43pm at . Reason: add a word

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 8:48pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by owthathurts
    Escrima can be pretty devastating when done by a skilled artist, but Dog Brothers kickass. Filipina women are hot though
    Fail.

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 5:48pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

What he said

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2007 5:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well i was able To do my range time today so i think i have saterday available again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2007 1:36am

Style: WHKD & Doce Pares

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll be interested in hearing about your experience, I know you'll keep us all informed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK so I went today. with out knowing a FMA i would say it's a decent TMA. I also think some one in his calss or him actuly reads this site since i was asked if this is why i was here. so lets get inot meet in potatos.

Instructor: Personable, he seems to know what he's talking about. It is Obvious that he teaches because he loves his TMA. on that note he seems to have a fractured view point on his MA. He states at one point that it is RBSD and another it's just a TMA "it's not a fighting system it's a Martial Art" followed by "Focus on the blade, your strikeing with the blade".

Instruction: Good i got a full hour as a pribite in the park for free. He knowes how to teach and how to correct mistakes in manner that would keep you training. Thre seems to be a disjointed relization that a stick needs to just be a stick.

Aliveness i would say it's 5% alive i saw drills where guys where going about 50-75% speed with unarmed and armed attacks. and full out attack speed against the stick as if it where an arm. but this was only the first visit may have to move it higher or lower the more i see.

Reality check: The instructor said" No technique is 100% even a well trained MAist only has about an 80% chance of success" So i would say over all it's pretty well grounded in other areas it's just a TMA. I would say that in comparision if you took some one studing in this form after a year and had them fight some one with 9months of Dog btoher training the DB trained guy would win . i think if you gave both another month or two it would be a coin flip. it apears there is some solid skill sets in what is being taught but learning to properly and relisticly apply them would take some real force on force practice that only something like DB provides.

Sorry for Misspelling was in ahurry to get as much down as quickly as posiable and now i have to run to fill out some forms for work.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2007 2:32pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK so I went today. with out knowing a FMA i would say it's a decent TMA. I also think some one in his calss or him actuly reads this site since i was asked if this is why i was here. so lets get inot meet in potatos.

Instructor: Personable, he seems to know what he's talking about. It is Obvious that he teaches because he loves his TMA. on that note he seems to have a fractured view point on his MA. He states at one point that it is RBSD and another it's just a TMA "it's not a fighting system it's a Martial Art" followed by "Focus on the blade, your strikeing with the blade".

Instruction: Good i got a full hour as a pribite in the park for free. He knowes how to teach and how to correct mistakes in manner that would keep you training. Thre seems to be a disjointed relization that a stick needs to just be a stick.

Aliveness i would say it's 5% alive i saw drills where guys where going about 50-75% speed with unarmed and armed attacks. and full out attack speed against the stick as if it where an arm. but this was only the first visit may have to move it higher or lower the more i see.

Reality check: The instructor said" No technique is 100% even a well trained MAist only has about an 80% chance of success" So i would say over all it's pretty well grounded in other areas it's just a TMA. I would say that in comparision if you took some one studing in this form after a year and had them fight some one with 9months of Dog btoher training the DB trained guy would win . i think if you gave both another month or two it would be a coin flip. it apears there is some solid skill sets in what is being taught but learning to properly and relisticly apply them would take some real force on force practice that only something like DB provides.

Sorry for Misspelling was in ahurry to get as much down as quickly as posiable and now i have to run to fill out some forms for work.
    sounds like he's fairly level-headed and if he's a good teacher. probably a good class.
    teachers who teach because they love it are always a good thing.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast