Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 12:05pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Possible is one thing, but maybe a more suitable metric is number of real injuries divided by the number of heavy contact hits (ie: probably pretty small). Freak accidents can happen anytime, but I don't think there are many high percentage spine breaks, I get the impression you'd have to have already won the fight to get the setup.
    In PraMek we call it having a position of advantage(AKA the person cannot adequately defend himself). In other words you already have the person knocked out, or otherwise incapicitated and then you go for the finisher of either a skull stomp, neck stomp, or preferably pelvic spine(tail bone if possible)stomp, this is obviously not standard fare for civilians or LEO's but for Military and the like, where leaving a breathing and functional opponent behind is less than desirable. Though Russians that I know that have claimed to have used this in Afganistan or Chechnya say two things, one it takes A LOT of pressure to pull off, and two it is not always(actually rarely) fatal, the psychological warfare aspect was more what they were going for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 12:24pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    In PraMek we call it having a position of advantage(AKA the person cannot adequately defend himself). In other words you already have the person knocked out, or otherwise incapicitated and then you go for the finisher of either a skull stomp, neck stomp, or preferably pelvic spine(tail bone if possible)stomp, this is obviously not standard fare for civilians or LEO's but for Military and the like, where leaving a breathing and functional opponent behind is less than desirable. Though Russians that I know that have claimed to have used this in Afganistan or Chechnya say two things, one it takes A LOT of pressure to pull off, and two it is not always(actually rarely) fatal, the psychological warfare aspect was more what they were going for.
    Personally, you want to scare someone, the good ol' RNC would prolly do the trick. Since you've already won the fights, slap on a choke, and leave someone dead without a mark on them.

If you've put them out with a choke in the first place, just hang onto it for the kill. I would think in a military situation, assuming you've GOT to the point in hand-to-hand where the guy is out of commission (where's your gun? where's your backup?), and you need to kill him, well, choking an unconscious guy to death IS way easier than trying to get just the right stomp.

Just my 0.02

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 12:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    t3h ninj3r backbreaker.

Roderick Strong is not a ninja.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 12:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP, I suggest you read "Diary of a Teen Ninja".

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36461

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2007 1:01pm

Style: *********

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    Personally, you want to scare someone, the good ol' RNC would prolly do the trick. Since you've already won the fights, slap on a choke, and leave someone dead without a mark on them.

If you've put them out with a choke in the first place, just hang onto it for the kill. I would think in a military situation, assuming you've GOT to the point in hand-to-hand where the guy is out of commission (where's your gun? where's your backup?), and you need to kill him, well, choking an unconscious guy to death IS way easier than trying to get just the right stomp.

Just my 0.02
    In the Russian mentality, it was not so much to kill them, but to send them back as walking wounded, who(especially in honor bound cultures) were really messed up. I have no independant confimation for this, but the Russians claim that a complete severance of the tailbone will actually cause mental problems or eating disorders or some **** like that. Let alone mentally handicapped or paralyzed from skull fractures and neck breaks.

There were other equally evil things they would do, especially in Chechnya, like wrapping obersvant muslims inside pig skins/carcasses and shooting them(apparently in Muslim religion this is a one way ticket to hell).
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567