Sponsored Links Spacer Image

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:16pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you want to TRAIN in MMA or just test your BBT in an MMA match?

If it's the latter, you don't need a school, just a promotion.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrijl
    Well, historically ninjering did not fair well in the UFC.
    WTF is Ninjering...?

If you're talking about Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, it should be noted that Brazillian Jujitsu (which, AFAIK, is a very dominant style in MMA) has its roots in ancient Jujitsu. Bujinkan is quite similar to Jujitsu, and we have an entire sub-school dedicated to the art of the samurai (ancient Jujitsu, Kukishinden Ryu).

Difference between MMA and BBT is I'm taught to cheat, deceive, and survive (so we'll throw pepper in your face if it is what will lead to survival). Screw honor and rules. Survival first, questions later. There are no shaking hands between you and your opponent.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:19pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are full of **** - I did have a more eloquent response planned, but this felt better

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Do you want to TRAIN in MMA or just test your BBT in an MMA match?

If it's the latter, you don't need a school, just a promotion.
    Train. I wanna train, learn more, and see what MMA has to offer to my arsenal.

I don't make that many distinctions in which style I use. When I move, I don't say "I'm doing Bujinkan now" or "I'm doing Taekwondo now". When I move, I am moving to reach a goal.

When I discuss things though, I make the distinction. Otherwise, conversations will be confusing as hell.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:21pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic
    You are full of **** - I did have a more eloquent response planned, but this felt better
    Ironic considering that this is coming from someone who has offered **** to the conversation.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:27pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dtr, what's your age/height/weight, and how long have you been training? Do you have any conditions like asthma, epilepsy, a previously detached retina, anything like that that would make regular full contact training unwise?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:28pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dothackRAVE
    Ironic considering that this is coming from someone who has offered **** to the conversation.
    Considering I see more fighting experience in one week than you probably have in your entire life I would shut the **** up if I were you

Historically Judo came from JJ because JJ was ineffective in a modern combative environment. Maeda was Kodokan which means BJJ cam from Judo rather than JJ

You are giving the same old tired tripe about training for survival, no rules etc.. This is typical of systems with no form of pressure testing who always hide behind being "teh d3adly". You even have the audacity to state that the booj is the same as MMA in another thread

Consequently me original comment stands

When you reach puberty, please come back

^ the answer to life

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:32pm

Style: bjj/(not enough)MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually live 2hrs away from Indianapolis...

West Lafayette to be precise. The site does not list schools from there. :(

I would expect something like this from someone who attends/is near to Purdue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:36pm

Style: not training/injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been taught to destroy fingers, split palms in two, break elbows, gouge eyes, break spines, and break knees. Would these moves be allowed in the ring (some of them I realize are outright obvious, since I've not heard of MMA fighters getting the rest of their lives destroyed on a frequent basis)?
    How effective do you think those moves are? To clarify, are they high percentage moves? Can they be easily applied to a resisting opponent? The great thing about MMA is that the things you learn do work and it's proven on people who aren't compliant uki.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WTF is Ninjering...?

If you're talking about Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, it should be noted that Brazillian Jujitsu (which, AFAIK, is a very dominant style in MMA) has its roots in ancient Jujitsu. Bujinkan is quite similar to Jujitsu, and we have an entire sub-school dedicated to the art of the samurai (ancient Jujitsu, Kukishinden Ryu).

Difference between MMA and BBT is I'm taught to cheat, deceive, and survive (so we'll throw pepper in your face if it is what will lead to survival). Screw honor and rules. Survival first, questions later. There are no shaking hands between you and your opponent.

Seriously dude, do you think throwing something at someone's face is so special that requires training? Throwing dust or sand, spitting or pepper spray, that's all been done. Spitting is incredibly effective (and no, I'm not kidding).

Do you carry pepper with you at all times? And if you don't and you are in a situation where you wish you had it, would you use sand? Or you would be unable to use sand because you trained to use pepper?

When was the last time you threw pepper at your training partners eyes? Or him throwing it at yours? And if you did, were you guys actually throwing blows at full speed (as in sparring) or as part of a pre-determined drill?

And do you think a MMAer wouldn't be able to do the same or similar tactics just because he doesn't spend time in such tomfoolery?

If you are serious about learning MMA, that's good for you. But don't limit yourself for MMA if a gym is not available in your area. There is Judo, BJJ, Boxing, Kickboxing, Sand Da. All of those will provide with a similar experience.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast