Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 2:50pm

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The basic unbleached judogi from Ronin is a cheap and good quality starter gi.

http://www.kinjisan.com/robrsiweunoj.html

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, VF, I can afford one Judogi only at this time. Shoot, before I got my new HSU I was using a USED century gi a buddy gave me! I can't afford to have to buy a new gi for comp in addition to the 30 bucks or so they're already gonna soak me just to compete.

If this guy plans on training and competing only in Judo, and not also in BJJ on the side, I see no reason why he shouldn't just by a Judogi right off the bat. Then he's covered whether he competes or not instead of having to worry about shelling out another 50 bones for a competition gi if/when he decides to compete.

I'm mostly just not a fan of traditionalist judo guys who think people wearing a BJJ gi is going to kill judo dead.
    For the record, I don't think it really matters in practice. But is does for comp, so...

I am a moocher who cheats Bullshido out of much needed funds.

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thank you for every ones advice.

As far as my intentions.. I just plan to train for a year in judo and kick boxing and see where I end up. I'd like to compete in something amateur in a year but I don't know if thats realistic. Either way I am sure it will be fun, challenging and I am looking forward to it.
    Last edited by webprofessor; 11/08/2007 3:32pm at .

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    also judo gis are generally cheaper than BJJ ones (except for that SWEET gi i originally linked to, i can only imagine that a gi that costs $400 should be like that tuxedo jackie chan wore in that horrible movie he made... the one where the clothing does all the work.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Pingo

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:34pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    (except for that SWEET gi i originally linked to, i can only imagine that a gi that costs $400 should be like that tuxedo jackie chan wore in that horrible movie he made... the one where the clothing does all the work.)
    Exactly. A gi that costs that much should be doing the throws for you.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12