Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 5:29pm

Style: Capoeira Angola

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it comes out and you are covered in sweat (plus bacteria and dirt if it falls on the ground), then it can sting a bit when you put it back, assuming you don't clean it first. One of mine popped out last night just from sweat getting in my eyes. I cleaned it, put it back in, and all was well. If it is something that happens often for you, it's just better to leave them off when you train.

Pingo

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 5:44pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    I hate to ask, because it's pretty stupid, but why can't you put it back in? Simply because it's dirty? What if you grab it out from your eye before it commpletely falls out and hits the mat?
    Because the eye, eyelids, and all eye-related products are a perfect pathway to absorb bacteria quickly and efficiently (moist, open to blood barrier, etc.) and are difficult to treat topically. Ever seen a bad staph infection? Remember that Randleman picture? Imagine that, but on your eyeball.

If it hits the mat, you should toss it. Even if you pull it out with your hands, it'd be a better idea to at least put it in a case and disinfect it when you get home (toss it if it's a daily).
    Last edited by ViciousFlamingo; 11/08/2007 6:00pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 5:51pm

Style: Proudly Shaolin Do.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alot of my sparring partners have gotten bad eye infection from putting them back in after they ht the mat, it's not pretty, your better off without them mate

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 6:03pm

Style: Capoeira Angola

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Staph infection of the eye? Yikes...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 11:07pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After realizing that contacts/glasses were not really compatible with training, I looked around for alternatives.

I improved my vision from 20/90 in my left and 20/100 in my right to 20/20 in both using the exercises in this: www.rebuildyourvision.com

The rub is that you -have- to do them on a consistent basis, which to me seems like a fair trade for not having to rely on contacts or glasses.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 11:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For some reason I find that really hard to believe.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 11:33pm

Style: BJJ/MMA - running away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaii
    After realizing that contacts/glasses were not really compatible with training, I looked around for alternatives.

I improved my vision from 20/90 in my left and 20/100 in my right to 20/20 in both using the exercises in this: www.rebuildyourvision.com

The rub is that you -have- to do them on a consistent basis, which to me seems like a fair trade for not having to rely on contacts or glasses.
    Did you just **** on this otherwise good thread?

... after glancing at your profile, you seem like an otherwise good poster, but this stuff, are you serious?

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery.../eyequack.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_vision_improvement

I realise that these aren't the most reliable sources but a good start in my opinion.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    11/09/2007 1:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousFlamingo
    Because the eye, eyelids, and all eye-related products are a perfect pathway to absorb bacteria quickly and efficiently (moist, open to blood barrier, etc.) and are difficult to treat topically. Ever seen a bad staph infection? Remember that Randleman picture? Imagine that, but on your eyeball.

If it hits the mat, you should toss it. Even if you pull it out with your hands, it'd be a better idea to at least put it in a case and disinfect it when you get home (toss it if it's a daily).
    Having spent the last two weeks dissecting the optic foramen, auditory canals, and all the vasculature and innervation, I should really be kicked in the nuts for asking. I didn't even realize - I'm so used to just washing off my contact and popping it back in.

</self dumbassery>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2007 7:12am

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldchampion!
    Did you just **** on this otherwise good thread?

... after glancing at your profile, you seem like an otherwise good poster, but this stuff, are you serious?

http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery.../eyequack.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_vision_improvement

I realise that these aren't the most reliable sources but a good start in my opinion.
    I have never seen those particular pages before, and while it's definitely something to consider, I can't really argue with the fact that my vision is vastly improved, and the website I linked to contains the exercises I did. Yeah, the site is built like a typical marketing website, and it has kind of a hokey vibe to it, but I can personally attest that it -does- work, or rather that it worked for me. Regardless of what some pages on the internet say it's hard to argue with results. I fully appreciate your notion to question my statement, but why would I make something like this up? I certainly don't stand to profit from it.

Another thing you have to consider is that it makes perfect sense for optometrists to blast on this kind of thing, because there's a lot of money to be made in having lifetime clients paying for contacts and glasses.
    Last edited by Zaii; 11/09/2007 7:15am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2007 9:01am

Style: BJJ/MMA - running away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, I believe you're sincere. You seem to be genuinely helpful on this site, and generally give good advice. I will however, at this point, with the information available to me at this point, have to respectfully remain a sceptic.

I'm going to try to see if I can get a hold of my optician (I get confused with the english words, but he's a doctor of medicine, working with eyes) and see what he says about different types of contact lenses in contact sports, it's worth noting that I'm currently not using the brand he recommended to me as the best at the time, just a matter of preference.

It wouldn't be that helpful to me, because I'm told daily disposible contacts are the only type I should use, but the info might be interesting. Don't promise anything, I'll just look into it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast