Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 2:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Contact Lenses

Hello, I have only sparred a little but everytime my contact lenses (daily disposible) get knocked out due to punches/sweat. This is very disorientating and also embarrasing when I have to try to pick it out from behind my eye if it hasn't popped out completly. Is there a solution to this like maybe sport lenses or something?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 2:44pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    Hello, I have only sparred a little but everytime my contact lenses (daily disposible) get knocked out due to punches/sweat. This is very disorientating and also embarrasing when I have to try to pick it out from behind my eye if it hasn't popped out completly. Is there a solution to this like maybe sport lenses or something?
    Laser eye surgery/Lasik?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 2:50pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that I've found. If you can take them out, and the guy in front doesn't become a giant blur, just dump them before training. Put in some fresh ones afterwards or bring your backup glasses for the drive home.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 2:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I guess I will just have to bring spares.. I thought that there would be ones that didnt fall out maybe. Laser surgery is my goal but I need a bit more cash first. :P

Pingo

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 3:04pm

Style: BJJ & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're like me and can't see well enough to strike without the lenses in, keep your chin tucked, hands up, and shoulders rolled. Proper posture will go a long way towards keeping your lenses in.

Also Indy's advice is good, keep spare lenses and/or glasses with you at all time.

And NEVER put a lens back in if it falls out. Seriously. Put it in a case or, even better, toss it, but don't put it back in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 6:12pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you buy daily disposables you can take a few with you, as putting contact lenses back in is really bad for the eyes. For some reason my contact lenses stay put now days, but they used to come out quite alot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 8:03pm

Style: BJJ/MMA - running away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've only had a contact fall out once at practice, and it was when rolling in BJJ. Sometimes, I've had them get stuck up somewhere to the side or something, then drop back in position a little later, usually by just blinking, but sometimes I need to go to a mirror and pull it to the correct position.

I only sometimes wear them, I like having them but I don't per say need them.

I find that the main way for contacts fall out is when I rub my eyes. I thought they were going to fall out all the time at practice but this hasn't been my experience. Focus Dailies is the brand I use, I prefer them over the one other brand I've tried because I find them easier to put in.

I'd recommend having spares with you too, in case one falls out

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 9:09am

Style: BJJ and Jits with Hits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would recommend trying to not wear them if this is possible. I wear glasses and have no choice but to take them off for training, but I would recommend training without them. I know several people that are legally blind, but are competant strikers just due to the fact that they learned "where to hit the blur" so to speak. If that doesn't work, I would go with the extra pair option mentioned before.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 9:46am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wear monthly-disposables and I've only had one come out once. It stuck on my opponents glove after he sneaked a cross in over my jab.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 3:52pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViciousFlamingo
    And NEVER put a lens back in if it falls out. Seriously. Put it in a case or, even better, toss it, but don't put it back in.
    I hate to ask, because it's pretty stupid, but why can't you put it back in? Simply because it's dirty? What if you grab it out from your eye before it commpletely falls out and hits the mat?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast