Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 11:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn people, this thread has gained a life of its own !!!!!!
    It needs an exorsist !!!!!!!!!!

Look, the debate on ST has been going on for long than most have been alive and will go on for even longer, the best way is to see what works for you and DO IT.
    Lets not over analyse the most simple of things: Progressive Resistence Training.
    IF YOU ARE PROGRESSIVELY INCREASING THE RESISTENCE, THEN YOUR ST IS WORKING !!
    Lets keep it simple, ok?

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, as mentioned, the training differences are likely not that different between the people arguing.

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 4:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Doc -

Im forced to use the terms of the Subjerst matter at hand . I cant teach music without saying "Chords" , even though my entire Audience may have no bloody clue what a Chord is .

And Google is your Friend before you (not YOU you , the "Greater You") start telling others that theyre making up words and are "Dumber than you" (Or whatever) because of it when youre the Ignorant party in the first place .

Im sorry , but it just irks the **** out of my ass when ppl that dont even know what their on about use THEIR IGNORANCE as an excuse to attack the Intellects of others . Even just in Tone .

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 4:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by ronin69
    the best way is to see what works for you and DO IT.
    Lets not over analyse the most simple of things: Progressive Resistence Training.
    IF YOU ARE PROGRESSIVELY INCREASING THE RESISTENCE, THEN YOUR ST IS WORKING !!
    Lets keep it simple, ok?

Ronin , thats just not very Realistic . "What Works" =/= "What Works Best" In other words , getting ANY Result is not the same as getting IDEAL Results for yoru Desired Activity . In fact , the results you could be getting could be DIRECTLY OPPOSING the Activity you have in Mind . You dont Train like a Maratheoner for an MMA Match .

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 4:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you're both to blame for letting this get of hand. You especially Djimbe seem incapable of dealing with someone who is reasonably disagreeing with you.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 4:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Dochter
    Also, as mentioned, the training differences are likely not that different between the people arguing.

Actually , the Results/Effects of the Differences in Training are HUGE .

I mean that , like Literally Visible/Tangible . Even though the #s may not seem so very Different , the Effects are VASTLY so , and produce VERY Different Results (Mass Gains , and Strength differences) .

Posted On:
    11/06/2003 4:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He said the training differences.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    11/07/2003 2:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes , he did .

But you know what ?

No one sane lifts just to be lifting . They lift for a Purpose . For a desired Effect . And therefore if those differences in training arent Initially perceived to be huge to the layman , they actually , in the end , are .
    Last edited by Djimbe; 11/07/2003 2:14am at .

Posted On:
    11/07/2003 2:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You missed his point. And now we will go on for another ten pages as you try to prove with loud-mouthed blather how you are in fact more correct about his intentions than he is...Blahblah. Meanwhile, another thread has been turned into a flamewar.

Posted On:
    11/07/2003 2:28am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didnt miss his point at all . I just feel that his point dosent properly shed light on the core issue .