Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2002 12:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    check out the web site www.shimshindo.com and within 2 seconds you can see it's a joke. All of these locations listed don't exist. Shim Shin-Do only has one 1000 ft location. You would think they could do better in over 9 years. The art is a fraud. It is a carbon copy of the Choi Kwang Do style. According to public records available at the Pinellas County Consumer Affairs, Mr Sergio Barriga did not form and original martial art form. He studied under 60 year old grandmaster Kwang Jo Choi in 1988 and left him April of 1993. Eight days later comes out with all the same techniques and slightly altered combos and calls it the unique art of Shim Shin-Do. Try integrity before you teach it Master Barriga. He claims to be a Master of 4 arts and black belt in 7 styles. He can only prove that he was a 4th Degree in ITF Tae Kwon-Do and a 1st Degree in Shotokan Karate, finally a 4th Degree in Choi Kwang Do. That doesn't add up to what he claims. Big SCAM!!!! Warning, this art is more interested in collecting you hard earned $$$ with its quicky 1 yr black belts and faster private lesson programs. Private lessons - for only 10,000 you can sign up for, in most cases, a 8-9 month black belt program. The best part of this quicky rip off is that the master with whom you are paying for the lessons with, will assign you a 15 yr old to teach the lessons rather than him as promised. Maybe if you're lucky and a faithfully blind student Mr Barriga will ask you to join his federation.....now one location. For a small 6 digit investment, you too can be part of it's now stagnant growth toward truly becoming the art of the future? WARNING: Skim Scam Do!!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2002 12:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    check out Choi Kwang Do at www.choikwangdo.com to see the art that Mr Sergio Barriga stole to make the "original Shim Shin-Do". Fact, Choi did research starting in the 70's to form the art of Choi Kwang Do in 1987. Fact, Mr Sergio Barriga was introduced to Choi thru his grandmaster San Ki Eun in 1988. Hmmmm I wonder which art came first?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2002 12:38am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two Shim Shin-Do schools have converted to Choi Kwang Do schools after they learned the truth in the last year and a half - the only schools outside of the federation office itself. Oh, I forgot, there was one other location at one time but the SSD Grandmaster took all the equipment out over night along with the tuition and the owner came to find an empty building, but that doesn't count, its not there anymore right? I'm sure we'll see this in civil court soon huh?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2002 12:41am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Master Taddigs for your comments on the Choi Kwang Do web site today. It does seem that every day a Master or top level instructor easily sees the truth and leaves Skim Scam Do also known as "the original scam" Shim Shin-Do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2002 12:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good news for all Shim Shin-Do students: Your grandmaster won his most recent court case and got his Drunk Driving Arrest downgraded to a Reckless Driving after a little perjury from a friend. I can respect that, can't you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2002 11:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, just wanted to let you know that the ex-Shim Shin-Do schools in Largo and Gainesville are really filling now. I seems like the flood gates opened the minute they started teaching Choi Kwang Do. Thanks to Grandmaster Choi!

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: Ki Chuan Do/Close Combat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey ex,

You obviously have a story to tell. How about filling in some details for us in one post ?

SD

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 12:24am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree with SD, you could certainly provide us with some insight into SSD from your experience.

However, I should also add, from what you and the other people who have come out against SSD are saying, it sounds like you're in it as much to promote this Choi Kwang Do and praise Grandmaster Choi as you are to reveal SSD as a McDojang.

Do you have anything to say about this?

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."
  9. Michael

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 12:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm with the other guys. Right now you sound like a walking bill board for this system. I went to your link there and I see nothing that would make me believe that this system of TKD is any better than the other McDojangs out there.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/07/2002 9:12am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So lets's hear it ex. Enquiring minds want to know. :)

Jeremy M. Talbott
    http://www.homestead.com/koreanma/index.html
    http://www.geocities.com/jns1994/MSA.html
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast