Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 10:23pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fedor versus Pedro Rizzo?

Well, this one is a doozy...acordingly to the brazilian web site TATAME, Jorge Guimar„es, manager to such fighters as Anderson Silva and Paulo Filho, has received a proposition to have his fighter Pedro Rizzo, champion in the promotion "Art of War", face off against Fedor Emelienenko. As it seems its a early proposition and they aren't untitled to say who is it from...but hey, its a juicy rumor from a well respected figure in brazilian mma and lider to Black House!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 11:14pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, that's what Fedor is reaching for at this point? He may as well fly me down to Russia and beat the crap out of me for as significant as that fight would be.

I love Fedor and believe he's the best fighter out there but he really, really needs to fight some significant competition before he gets too old.

:)

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 11:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would love to see that fight. That would be one beautiful scrap. Fedor wins though.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 7:35am

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At what point is the collective MMA ranking system going to follow boxing?

If you havent fought a top 10 opponent in two years, since Cro-Cop (Though Hunt is a badass, he is not top ten), you should be stripped.

Fedor is not the #1 guy. Even if he is a badass, he might not even be top 10 any more.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 10:03am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pedro just KO'ed Jeff Monson, he has KO'ed Barnett, this is not a write off fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 9:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pedro Rizzo is the mma encarnation of Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde in the sense that you never know who's gonna show up at the fight. The Pedro Rizzo that I liked had excellent Muay Thai and boxing skills, was tough as nails and was competent enough to survive a good grapple. He was Marco Rua's best pupil and fighter...remember him knocking down Andrei Arlovski? As much as I'm a Fedor nuthugger I have to say that, if the "Hyde" Pedro Rizzo shows up, we might have a good battle in our hands.

Oh...and Fedor, stop being a ***** and actually fight someone who's somebody!! (rant over):icon_rr:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2007 9:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is Fedor ducking Butterbean?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mma is like a three ring circus this year...champions walking off to the sunset, mma organizations popping up like mushrooms...and dying as fast as one, fight dodgers, money grabbers, dopping suspicions...and dopping certainties...it's been one hell of a year so far!

I've said it once and I'll say it again...Fedor stop dodging and fight, god damn it! And Randy Couture? You know where to go, don't you? Who to follow into a new organization? Hint hint?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Pedro just KO'ed Jeff Monson, he has KO'ed Barnett, this is not a write off fight.
    True, but we never know who the heck which of Pedro's multiple personalities is gonna show up (the badass or the lame'o.)

This fight is either going to be a badass battle, or it's going to become the one of the most anti-climatic, snorefest duds in MMA history.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris