Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 12:13pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    Fatherdog is right but I want Mir to win this.
    Me too. Mir got the short end of the stick in the luck department, and hasn't really had a chance to prove himself completely. I hope he has done a full recovery from his accident *

* This is why I don't ride mopeds.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 12:41pm

Style: BJJ - SBGi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean I have watched Brock's other fights.... but I just don't see how he matches up with Mir at all? If Frank has his game face on, I predict a BAD day for WWE fans.....

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    I have a soft spot for Brock Lesnar, he escaped the meat grinder of Pro Wrestling before it destroyed him, he's an AMAZING amateur wrestler, and he really wants to get in there and fight the toughest guys he can find. I hope he shows that he's more than just Monster with great wrestling. I also hope he passes the drug tests....
    I hope the fight isn't one sided, I'd love to see it go to round three and end in a KO/TKO by Lesnar.
    Hopefully he will pass the drug test. He got arrested for steriods before and most guys don't stop they just get sneakier.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:03pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does look a lot, errrr, "smoother" these days...

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizilds
    I mean I have watched Brock's other fights.... but I just don't see how he matches up with Mir at all? If Frank has his game face on, I predict a BAD day for WWE fans.....
    And that day would be a good day for mankind. :protest:

He does look a lot, errrr, "smoother" these days...
    "smoother" as in "flat man-tits"???
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm having an argument with a co-worker that because Brock was a Phenom college wrestler, that somehow makes him an amazing fighter. NOT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM WRESTLING..... but look at Matt Hammil in his first couple fights.... the guy was putting on a wrestling clinic, but couldn't finish ****! I just don't see how he could compare with Mir is all.... and using "He has been in tough athletic sports his whole life" is not a good argument..... ****, if that were the case, I'm the next UFC CHAMP!

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:25pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Lesnar wins, MMA loses.

I have no idea what Joe Silva was thinking; maybe he holds Mir in more esteem than most. I would have matched him up with Nogueira instead, or hell, the winner of Nogueira and Mir at the very least.

Mir can win this fight, but flukes either way aside, he's not guaranteed to. And if Lesnar wins, MMA's credibility with the redneck crowd that Beer companies pay big money to advertise at, will suffer greatly.

I dunno, it's risky. I'm hoping for Mir by Omoplata.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just think its crap that he gets this fight because of his "household" name... He fought one K-1 fight..... and didn't fight anyone impressive, and now he fights Mir? I either see this as Mir with a sub in the first round.... or Brock with a KO from the top ropes on to the board covered in tacks.....

do you think fighting in an octogon gives Brock an advantage because of the "steel cage match" feeling?

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:37pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised if Mir doesn't win this. His last fight was showing the old Mir for the first time since his accident. Maybe he'll even train his gut off for this one.

And I hate Pro Wrestling. Well, except for that masked acrobatic Mexican fellow, his moves are fun to watch. Even if Brock was a superior wrestler in college it would be a hard hit to MMA if it could be transferred to a good enough overall game to beat up the top guys of the sport this fast. I don't think PW counts.. I'm pretty sure they don't train alive ;)
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:37pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brock is not to be taken lightly, he does tend to finish by just unloading a big barrage of punches, but his ground and pound isn't exactly a gimmick. He has very solid positioning, he's a powerful athlete and he's got an awesome work ethic. He's been training with some great people and I think he definitely has what it takes to beat Mir. His inexperience is his biggest weakness, but Mir is coming off a long hiatus and a few lackluster fights, so he's not at his very best either I don't think. Brock isn't a sure thing, but he's not to be dismissed out of hand either.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast