Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 11:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why do you want Yip Man's sweaty silk yan?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 11:58am

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvarks
    why do you want Yip Man's sweaty silk yan?
    Tis but a simple quest to ensure Scrote has enough chi before giving him training in teh deadly iron finger

When I Get Back

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 12:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scrote's sweaty silky iron finger?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 12:24pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aka Proving your Chi

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 12:23am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Scrote can fetch Bruce Lee's pickled undescended testicle, I MIGHT be willing to train him in the ways of the Iron Finger.

I simply must have that testicle... a sample of Lee's legendary jing can lead to the next breakthrough in human evolution!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2007 8:23am

Style: BJJ/MMA - running away

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Make way for the post whore!

Basically to sum this up. People here aren't helping you not because they're inheritenly assholes (though they might be) or they have a personal dislike to you (though they might). It's because they think that this thing you're asking for is a complete waste of time and it doesn't work, and that you are likely to injure yourself trying.

My totally unfounded opinion is that if you trained up your finger in such an manner, making it more tough (but it still wouldn't be tough enough to actually use as you suggest) is that you might be doing long term damage to it, the manual dexterity of your hand might be reduced (it says a lot about me that I was tempted to just put "dex")

I'd invite you to read unbiased reviews of Dim Mak and yes, even if it say "it sucks" it can be unbiased.

Don't hurt yourself!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2007 5:51pm

Style: WT/Xin Yi Liu He Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why pick Iron Finger? Why waste skillpoints on that? Iron Penis is way more useful and has uncountable benefits over Iron Finger.

*sigh*

Okay: This is the Buddhist way, so if your style is taoist I apologize (but then you would probably already have started by poking a soft pillow on a hard surface). Fill a wok bowl up to half with sand, then wok it. When it's about hot desert-warm (you should do this is the hour of the Tiger, and no more than 1 hour!), start (initially very carefully, yet decisive) stabbing into the sand in various angles. Make sure to leave your hands in the sand for roughly 1 second each time, and always retract it in a scooping motion. When you're done, you may feel like pouring cold water on your hands. Don't.

Just make sure to use enough of Lee's Liniment™ on your hands and fingers thoroughly while your learning this. And don't poke your relatives or friends during the first week of training, as the chi is still too fresh in the fingers.

Make sure to blog (or, preferably vlog) your progress.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2007 9:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: TKD, Krotty, KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, you guys are merciless...

LOL Scrote... Sheesh, your name is not helping.

Notwithstanding the fact that I no longer have a whole lot of faith in the offensive ability of many of the esoteric kung-fu strikes I was taught, if you are studying a kung-fu style that requires "Iron" fingers, your sifu should be able to help you condition them as part of your training.

As others have pointed out, you will be unlikely to find a whole lot of help on that topic here, primarily because most of the members of this site tend to favor a more pragmatic approach to the martial arts, and frankly, for the average martial artist, I think there are more ways to jack up your fingers with "iron finger" training and striking than there are to practically, precisely and reliably deliver effective strikes.

But since you have much more experience in kung-fu than I have had combined experience in the martial arts, perhaps you may have better luck. I'd suggest you talk to your sifu. Good luck!

Posted On:
    11/11/2007 10:45pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123