Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 5:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Using Power over Ethernet is also a nice little feature. It really helps get cameras into places where power may be problematic.
    Our setups all use DVRs as recording devices and burn straight to DVDs when needed. Our biggest problem is getting clients to spring for the right cameras. They all want to save a few hundred $ and get shitty equipment. We also recently had a problem where a third party installer (An actual security company, we're just IT) didn't test their camera sight lines so it was TRIVIAL to walk through the building without ever having a good shot of your face on camera. They also managed to leave the room with the largest quantity of expensive items completely unwatched.

The lesson is this, don't trust your installers to point the cameras at what is most important to you. They generally have their own installation doctrine. Always walk the site with them and point out what you want surveillance of. Also make sure that ALL of our entryways have cameras that are framed to catch good facial views if you are really interested in catching peopel after an event.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 7:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Dear SUSHI, do you install security systems, and if so, could you please post some of the default codes? I already tried 1397 on this box and it's not taking it, I would like to know more about security alarms so I may explore a certain residence without disturbing the police!
    No, I don't do security systems. I do surveillance system designs. I find holes in people's surveillance and then design a patch for it. I'll either consult or repair the hole myself.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 8:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting thread, and good information. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 11:30pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear SUSHI, do you install security systems, and if so, could you please post some of the default codes? I already tried 1397 on this box and it's not taking it, I would like to know more about security alarms so I may explore a certain residence without disturbing the police!
    do you know which provider and more importantly manufacture of the box.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:59am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_malk
    do you know which provider and more importantly manufacture of the box.
    That doesn't matter as much since most security systems that use motion sensor are all on heat sensors as they're the cheapest and easiest to install. Theoretically you can flood a room with heat and the sensor won't go off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 10:21am

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI SASHIMI
    That doesn't matter as much since most security systems that use motion sensor are all on heat sensors as they're the cheapest and easiest to install. Theoretically you can flood a room with heat and the sensor won't go off.
    But presumming he has the necessary gear he can just reset the system to dfault, add a personal secoundary security code that way he can then rearm the alarm on his way out of the house.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:25pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUSHI SASHIMI
    It's not a theory - there are several ways to defeat those fuckers. My favorite involves a cheap analog wall clock, some rubber bands and an egg carton. You can also use a strong laser. Heating the room desensitizes it, and if you're patient enough, just kitten-crawl through the rooms, though this could take hours. Covering yourself with a wet towel as your crawl also helps.

If you don't like cameras, here's an exploit: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...646114738.html

I haven't tested that one yet.

Aside from the Kaba-Mas X-07 +, there is little in this world I don't know how to bypass.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 1:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A couple of those methods are dependent on the system quality. Mythbusters did an episode on bypassing security systems and the only 100% reliable way to stop the infrared camera was with a big sheet of glass....

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 2:07pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, there are some highly sophisticated IR systems which actually function like cameras and are able to determine what kind of "threat" they're seeing based on algorithms extracted from human movement. You'd never undertake something like an alarm bypass without a detailed recon, and if you can't recon you have to assume the system is loaded and go in hard.

Posted On:
    11/06/2007 2:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm an alarm monitor now. the police have been dispatched. :tongue5:

It's not a theory - there are several ways to defeat those fuckers. My favorite involves a cheap analog wall clock, some rubber bands and an egg carton. You can also use a strong laser. Heating the room desensitizes it, and if you're patient enough, just kitten-crawl through the rooms, though this could take hours. Covering yourself with a wet towel as your crawl also helps.
    hairspray :glasses3:
    Last edited by Neildo; 11/06/2007 2:41pm at .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast