Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 12:41pm

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    I think the ref'll be stopping it. Sheer volume of punches will be Hopkin's undoing.
    The Hopkins that fought the last few fights, couldn't take four rounds of Calzaghe....Joe's just too fast, too busy, and too smart a fighter to dance away from...that's why no one's beaten him in about 100 fights (including am). I can't wait for this.
    This may depend a lot on how much the ref is willing to tolerate Hopkin's grabby, roughhousing style. If Hopkins is allowed to lunge and grab, and punch from the clinch like he loves to do so much Calzaghe may find it hard to get anything started and the afight will probably go to a controversial decision.

Also, there is no way Hatton smashes Mayweather. As always, the smart bet is on mayweather by a long boring UD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 1:08pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nezha
    Also, there is no way Hatton smashes Mayweather. As always, the smart bet is on mayweather by a long boring UD
    Qouted for truth. Mayweather would turn it on and KO/TKO opponents when he was in the feather/light weight classes, now he just out points and runs. I don't think Hatton will be able catch him and I can imagine a stoppage in the late rounds due to a cut over one of Hatton's eyes.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 1:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you guys talking about?
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

:)

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 4:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boxing......Ricky Hatton (english) fighting Floyd Mayweather (dick)....

and Joe Calzaghe(welsh) picking Kessler(danish) to pieces.

Hatton is too much for Floyd....all that trash talk isn't going to compensate for Hatton's brutal attacking style. Same with Calzaghe...do you remember Lacy trying to clinch??? it was ugly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 5:23pm

Style: ex-wrestler, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always like Calzaghe, but I honestly thought Kessler would beat Calzaghe. Oh well, Calzaghe is good. But I do think Mayweather will beat Hatton only because Mayweather is faster and has better cardio than Hatton.

And no way would Calzaghe stop Hopkins. Whether it be clean knockout, ref stoppage, etc. not way Calzaghe knocks out Hopkins. I think Calzaghe can defeat Hopkins (it would be a close fight) but no way is he stopping Hopkins. Godzilla can't put Hopkins to sleep, what makes you think Calzaghe of all people can? He is a great fighter, but he doesn't hit particularly hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 8:45pm

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja
    Well, I felt it would happen...and now me droog Joe Calzaghe is undisputed at 168, and looking to face Bernard Hopkins soon, moving up 8 lbs....all of the youth, polish, drive, and toughness didn't dent the Welshman's ability to dominate.

American boxing fans (and Kessler's camp I'd heard) too often mock his slap-happy speed-based style...but it's becoming evident he's the fucking man...like it or not.

I don't think Hopkins can do all that hands down slipping against Calzaghe's speed, and it's gonna be ugly. I predict a fifth round tko, due to a furious battering of fists from the Welsh natural. Hopkins won't go down easy, he's been a champion grade fighter too long, but he'll take his lumps all the same, he doesn't have it against Joe.

Retort bullies, Anyone still doubt Calzaghe's skillz????
    That'd be a great fight and I think I would favor JC, but NO WAY does he stop BHop that early, and I doubt he even stops him at all. Give Hopkins a little credit; he's better and tougher than Lacy and Lacy took everythink JC had for twelve totally one sided rounds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 12:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    at this tiem it is really hard to see Hatton beating Mayweather. I think it would take someone bigger (hatton is coming up from 140) and faster than Hatton. There is talk of the winner of Mayweather-Hatton fighting the winner of Mosley-Cotto, if Mosley wins his fight i think he, as a bigger and stronger figher, definatley has the tools to hit Mayweather early and maybe even put him down later in the fight.

Bhop vs calzaghe could go either way in my opinion, but saying that just because Calzaghe could fend off Lacy then he could nullify Bhops infighting tactics is a bit foolsih. hopkins has NEVER been put down, not even by a prime roy jones, jermain taylor, felix trinidad, etc. is calzaghe that much stronger and better than those guys? a win is doable but a knockout is out of hte question

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 1:41am

Style: Wrestling, Judo, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see Hatton beating Mayweather. I'm never doubting Hatton again after making Kostya Tszyu(IMO, at the time, the best boxer on the planet) quit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 8:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tszyu was 35 at the time fighting an up and coming 26 year old.

Mayweather is no Tszyu either. Tszyu is the "coming to fight" type, whereas Mayweather, despite his early talk of KOing Hatton, wil probably stick to his hit and run formula. So many fighters have said they will use pressure to get to Mayweather, but the man's skill level is phenomenal and it never works.

I just hope the fight doesnt turn into another Mayweather-Castillo, given Hatton's tendency to hit and hold.

:)

Posted On:
    11/05/2007 10:12am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one in Mayweather's experience (that I know of)fights like Hatton...and he can't find a guy that scrappy. From what I've seen, Mayweather beats up head hunters with ease. Hatton loves some body work (ko'd Castillo with "leever shots"). It's hard to run from body punching. Especially the way Hatton closes the gap, goes to the ropes and eats up the kidneys/liver.

Hatton is young, hungry, and a regular dude, who's been mocked by Floyd....that's ok, Manchester lads have the answer, just watch soccer matches....Mayweather's gonna look a different kind of puffed up after this one. (bruises not ego). And he insulted the Manchester crowd....Ricky's literally a man of the people, and I'm sure he'll give it back 100 times.

The Castillo fight showed who's the premier body puncher in the game. KO-ing a Mexican fighter with hooks to the liver is like outdancing Michael Jackson in front of a European audience...or out-mistranslating Joshinmaster.

Smooth fighters can use slips to tire out most guys. Hatton has energy for all day, so does Calzaghe, that's why Kessler couldn't hang, he got worn out by round 6, angry by round 8, and desperate in 10,11,12. A complete ass kicking by the best. He even knew it after.

Pressure will be the difference.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast