:)

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 9:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Calzaghe puts the hurt to Kessler

Well, I felt it would happen...and now me droog Joe Calzaghe is undisputed at 168, and looking to face Bernard Hopkins soon, moving up 8 lbs....all of the youth, polish, drive, and toughness didn't dent the Welshman's ability to dominate.

American boxing fans (and Kessler's camp I'd heard) too often mock his slap-happy speed-based style...but it's becoming evident he's the fucking man...like it or not.

I don't think Hopkins can do all that hands down slipping against Calzaghe's speed, and it's gonna be ugly. I predict a fifth round tko, due to a furious battering of fists from the Welsh natural. Hopkins won't go down easy, he's been a champion grade fighter too long, but he'll take his lumps all the same, he doesn't have it against Joe.

Retort bullies, Anyone still doubt Calzaghe's skillz????

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wrong forum much?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 10:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want people to be unrestrained by tact, and rational thought streams....so it's in YMAS....

I'm sure there's a Calz./Kessler thread coming in the other forum....this one is about me wondering who can possibly doubt Calzaghe's skillz at this point.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 11:09pm

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calzaghe is awesome, and has been for ten years. I dont think anyone has really matches him and its a shame the world has taken its time noticing him. I mean he really couldnt do much more to prove his worth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 11:11pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was an enjoyable fight. I honestly thought Kessler would take this no problem with his power and somewhat more orthodox style. I guess I believed that he would, I don't know...expose Calzaghe. I lost money on this fight, just like every other damn fight I've bet on this year. So yeah, Joe looked pretty sharp, even had his chin tested a couple of times. Damn you Joe C, you and all of the Welsh that made me lose my hard earned money.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 12:40am

Style: Boxing, Wushu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calzaghe MAY be able to beat Bernard Hopkins but i definatley think he won't be able to knock him out. Hopkins is a veteran boxer who has never been knocked out, and his defensive, low risk style will make it hard on Calzaghe. Calzaghe is undoubtedly one the list of pound for pound bests in the sport but if he beats hopkins it will be because Hopkins didn't throw enough punches, not because he knocoked him out.

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 7:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the ref'll be stopping it. Sheer volume of punches will be Hopkin's undoing.
    The Hopkins that fought the last few fights, couldn't take four rounds of Calzaghe....Joe's just too fast, too busy, and too smart a fighter to dance away from...that's why no one's beaten him in about 100 fights (including am). I can't wait for this.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think his only been cut once or twice as well, and am pretty sure he now has the record for defending a title.

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 10:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    10 years, it's taken a while for him to be taken seriously...but after Jeff Lacy...I'd have hoped some of his critics would let it go. Finally the tools on HBO (Emmanuel S. excepted, he's always right on it seems) are giving him some due credit. Same thing with Ricky Hatton, is he going to have to smash Floyd Mayweather just to be given his due....? I guess so, and I'm gonna love it. These guys stay so busy, and have such great cardio...they can't easily be out-slicked...caus they won't get tired much at all.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    11/04/2007 11:05am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's nice to see Calzaghe finally getting a little recognition over the pond, he's only been undefeated world champion for 10 years or so.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast