Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2008 6:39pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still say go learn the art of the ancient israelites. ABIR! What can I say, he dresses cool in videos.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/07/2008 2:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ryukyu Kenpo Kobujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The truth is: even though Yehoshua Sofer is teaching "Abir" nowadays; no matter what I think about it, he is in reality a very good Kuk Sool Won practitioner. He is even featured in one of their books as a master of KSW. You would not want to mess with him on the street. And, he does dress cool!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 5:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by melk
    I am only going with what the BB I know says. If you feel that this review does not accurately fit your Dojo, PM me all relevant contact info and I will gladly show up to see what you are really about. If the guy really isn't yours, I will even bring him by with me so the two of you can work out your differences and him using your name.
    You know, I'm still waiting for some kind of apology or acknowlegement that you smeared me and my students and our dojo. You've spread Bullshido all over the net and should apologize to everyone who has read your crap. You've never shown up. You've never proved that there was anyone saying the things you attributed to him. The burden of proof is and has been on you for a long time now; and, you are falling short. Do the honorable thing; if, it is in your ability to do so.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 3:25pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly, melk has left the building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/07/2008 4:23pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ryukyu Kempo guy I'd train with...

Abir/Kuk Sool Krap dude I would not. I don't care if he's a master of KSW. His system is broken.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2008 11:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    being a parker guy i would also like his opinion... dillman makes a bad name for ryukyu..... because he is so full of ****...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 9:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry! I did not know this thread continued after "Sadly, melk has left the building.". My opinion of Ed Parker's System? Truthfully, I have a lot of respect for Parker's way of doing things. From a western point of view, he systemized (or presented) his art in a very organized and efficient way. From an eastern point of view, he limited the creativeness and flexability necessary for fighting responses, through locking in his self defense responses. I'm not sure about this point of view's validity. Kata was the main vehicle for transmission of fighting skills. All armies relied on drills (kata) for battlefield performance. Whether moving from point A to point B as a formation; or, coordinating weapon deployments and usage, these 'drills' allowed mass formations to function efficiently. In the east these formalized methods were utilized for empty hand skills, also. This method of training has continued until today. In the west, the Industrial Age seems to have broken down any long forms (if there ever were such) into shorter (more practical to western eyes) 'techniques'. Iaijutsu, Sumo, and Jujutsu in Japan, appear to have been technique driven with just a bow to convention regarding kata. In this respect Kenpo Karate was more like Jujutsu. Parker got Jimmy Wing Woo to 'make' kata for his system; almost as an afterthought. Perhaps, Parker thought these kata would make his system more 'acceptable'. I haven't a clue. Ryukyu Ken/mpo (under Odo and Oyata) is more kata driven. Techniques for self defense were not taught until Oyata moved permanently to the US. My "sin" was that I wrote down and systemized the self defense techniques; as I had been taught to do in the Traco Kenpo Karate system. As such, this is my system. Now, I think like Oyata taught me. It is not a linear way of seeing things. I teach linear and systematically until Black. Then, I teach like I was taught by Oyata. It is NOT easy to do so! Overload is very common. When I moved to Israel, I decided to blend the Traco techniques that could be adapted or modified to Oyata's principles into Oyata's techniques that I was already teaching. I did the same with Traco's kata; turning them into my kata. Similar but different in meaning and application.
    On the subject of Dillman: It is not correct to say 90% he got from Oyata. He got very little from Oyata. He's running on his own using his own ideas and material. He is the main reason a lot of us left Ryukyu Kempo and changed the name of what we do.
    Differences in Parker and Oyata's systems. This is really hard. Parker's system was constantly changing until his death. Oyata's system is still changing. Parker's is a multi-strike system. Oyata's is a one strike/one move system. I showed Oyata a technique I had learned at Traco. He said it was "stupid". 10 years later I got a tape of him at a seminar teaching that very same technique! Modified slightly (to make it effective) but still the same. Go figure!
    Last edited by dveed; 10/28/2009 10:02am at .

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 11:31am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dveed,
    Are you still checking in on this thread? I have some questions regarding the teaching of Martial arts in Israel and I was hoping you may be able to answer them for me.
    安氏八极拳学生

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 6:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin74: Yes, they notify me when something is posted. Ask, though it might be better to start something new. This thread needs to end; and, another begin.
    Loner: I have no desire to dis Traco. Their way of doing things is their way. My way is different based on my experience and education. I use a lot of their ideas. Go to my website www.ryukyu-kenpo.com look under 'Belts' for 'Requirements'. You will see the differences in the way I teach the Kata in the videos presented.
    Last edited by dveed; 11/12/2009 6:38pm at .

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/12/2009 9:33pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dveed View Post
    Ronin74: Yes, they notify me when something is posted. Ask, though it might be better to start something new. This thread needs to end; and, another begin.
    Loner: I have no desire to dis Traco. Their way of doing things is their way. My way is different based on my experience and education. I use a lot of their ideas. Go to my website www.ryukyu-kenpo.com look under 'Belts' for 'Requirements'. You will see the differences in the way I teach the Kata in the videos presented.
    Agreed, new thread can be found here;

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...12#post2259412

I look forward to hearing from you.
    安氏八极拳学生
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123