Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 1:58pm

Style: PTK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido or just bullshido-ish

I had a discussion with a friend the other day on bullshido and some questions came up that maybe I can get clarified here.

First, are one or two bullshido-ish actions enough to make a school or a system totally bullshido? or is it more Mcdojo? What is the difference between Mcdojo and Bullshido?

For example, someone with legit "lineage" in a recognized and respected school or style, with at least some advanced skills in the system, is now offering home study options for training with him (he sends you videos, you send your video back to him to "check your progress"). Aside from that one fault, the teacher in question is legit and does no other bullshido-ish acts.

Second, if a instructor or school gives out "advanced" or "apprentice instructor" ranks to anyone starting out in his school or system - or to anyone who simply shows interest in what the instructor is teaching-, and these people willingly accept these obviously bullshit ranks, is the said instructor still being fraudulent about those ranks?

My friend's argument is that the people who accept such ranks know they have no basis at all, since they're given to people who are just starting out or who obvious have little or no skills, and as such there in no longer any fraud being committed. So knowingly accepting questionable goods means that no fraud is being committed on the student?

Third, is there a list of bullshido practices and acts done by MA school and instructor and the corresponding "value" of each, from say "moderate" or "barely bullshido" to "WTF! This is the dictionary definition of bullshido!". Or one act of bullshido is enough to condemn the instructor, school or system as completely bullshido?

Sorry for the noob questions, I couldn't find the answers in any of the FAQs here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2009 3:18pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    First, are one or two bullshido-ish actions enough to make a school or a system totally bullshido?
    Debate # 823,495,600,128 on whether fraud = fraud or if degrees of fraud mean anything :BangHead:

What is the difference between Mcdojo and Bullshido?
    A simple search of the Bullshido Enclyclopedia could answer that question. So can Wikipedia, for that matter.

For example, someone with legit "lineage" in a recognized and respected school or style, with at least some advanced skills in the system, is now offering home study options for training with him (he sends you videos, you send your video back to him to "check your progress"). Aside from that one fault, the teacher in question is legit and does no other bullshido-ish acts.
    See above.

Second, if a instructor or school gives out "advanced" or "apprentice instructor" ranks to anyone starting out in his school or system - or to anyone who simply shows interest in what the instructor is teaching-, and these people willingly accept these obviously bullshit ranks, is the said instructor still being fraudulent about those ranks?
    See above.

My friend's argument is that the people who accept such ranks know they have no basis at all, since they're given to people who are just starting out or who obvious have little or no skills, and as such there in no longer any fraud being committed.
    Your friend also believes that you can have sex with whoever you want and it doesn't count as cheating as long as you're in a different country than your wife, doesn't he? I know, I amaze myself sometimes.

So knowingly accepting questionable goods means that no fraud is being committed on the student?
    If you believe it is okay to buy a PhD from a diploma mill and call yourself "Dr." then yes. If you have a brain...wait you don't.

Third, is there a list of bullshido practices and acts done by MA school and instructor and the corresponding "value" of each, from say "moderate" or "barely bullshido" to "WTF! This is the dictionary definition of bullshido!". Or one act of bullshido is enough to condemn the instructor, school or system as completely bullshido?
    See my response to your first paragraph.

Sorry for the noob questions, I couldn't find the answers in any of the FAQs here.
    You also couldn't find Newbietown.