Sponsored Links Spacer Image

AK: Giving new meaning to the word "Unfair."

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 4:28pm

Style: Out-Of-Shape MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    * Now, if the aforementioned person is a real alpha male and a scrapper, then things are different. Fortunately, most people are not, specially those who brag about it.
    And dude, I like, TOTALLY am, so if you think I'm not, I'll like, kick your ass, man! I watch The Ultimate Fighter!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 4:57pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. If you replace like with ****, you'll sound like Dana White :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most people don't really know what to do about leg kicks. They end up either eating the kick on their unconditioned leg or they defend it in some funny way, usually opening them up to (superman)punch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 5:16pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    Most people don't really know what to do about leg kicks. They end up either eating the kick on their unconditioned leg or they defend it in some funny way, usually opening them up to (superman)punch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rR8BhGGRME
    for teh reel low kick defense

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 5:20pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CodosDePiedra
    Most fuckers in street fights don't know how to kick for ****. So eating a shitty kick on an "unconditioned" leg is about on par as eating a good kick on a "conditioned" leg. WTF is a conditioned leg anyways???? I am assuming you are talking about taking it on the thigh. How do you condition the thigh??? Seriously, do you grow elephant like skin or what??? Or does the trained fighter just condition himself to being hit?? Understands what it'll feel like and how to move with it.

As for some common street **** throwing a superman. That would be comedy 9 time out of 10 cuz they'd most likely **** it up.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 5:22pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We're taught that a low kick can be a great way to kick things off (no pun intended). Step out and off the tracks with the rear leg and point the foot perpendicular, low inside leg kick with the lead leg, right cross right to the side of the jaw. Never had to try it in t3h d34dly str33ts but I know from training that even a half-forceful kick like this can splay the guy's leg nicely or even knock him over if he's got a bad stance (standing in "neutral" as we call it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 9:49pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Are we forgetting the fact that most people in the str33t can't fight for ****, they think they are alpha males when in reality they are not [etc.] . . .
    More importantly, are we forgetting that such people have never been at the receiving end of a really good kick . . . .
    And lastly, are we forgetting that we usually wear shoes . . . .
    Bingo.

I'm only 155, but I ended 2 street fights with low kicks. I hit the first guy on the outside of the leg with the tip of a steel-toed boot. The other guy (many years later) got smoked in the shin with a nice hard dress shoe.

Neither kick really injured the guy, but they both quickly decided that they didn't want to fight anymore and probably had a nice bruise to show for their efforts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 10:01pm

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That Rick Roufus vid reminds me of he first time I sparred with a MT guy.

With additional training and conditioning, Roufus adjusted quite well.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 11:33pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    Most fuckers in street fights don't know how to kick for ****. So eating a shitty kick on an "unconditioned" leg is about on par as eating a good kick on a "conditioned" leg. WTF is a conditioned leg anyways???? I am assuming you are talking about taking it on the thigh. How do you condition the thigh??? Seriously, do you grow elephant like skin or what??? Or does the trained fighter just condition himself to being hit?? Understands what it'll feel like and how to move with it.
    I'm saying a well delivered leg kick by a trained person to the thigh of an opponent that had never been kicked there and probably isn't very athletic can be very disruptive.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 11:51pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you have good kicks, you can end a fight with a hard kick very easily. i know i would be on the ground crying if my instructor or some of the better guys i train with kicked me full force a few times on the thigh or shin with the power they're capable of
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast