Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Phil Elmore has a myspace.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 8:32pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last I heard, Coda Scott was down to three students in his group. What's happened since then? Has the group finally come to an end? Or did he succeed in recruiting new unsuspecting students?

BTW... this may have been talked about already, but has Coda ever been on these forums? Does he know what we post here? J/C, is all.

Josh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 8:40pm

Style: American Karate,TSD,KFSS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He watches, he once told me he felt like a celebrity getting all this attention. He is trying to branch out, most students are not under him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 8:47pm

Style: TKD & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adon4Ever
    Last I heard, Coda Scott was down to three students in his group. What's happened since then? Has the group finally come to an end? Or did he succeed in recruiting new unsuspecting students?

BTW... this may have been talked about already, but has Coda ever been on these forums? Does he know what we post here? J/C, is all.
    Josh
    This has already been discussed in previous threads, pretty recently even.

Coda has teamed up with a small group of other local instructors now, and is no longer the sole person managing martial arts classes. Together, they seem to have managed to pull together a moderately-sized class, so I wouldn't say he's struggling for impressionable young minds or anything, but he has been diluted slightly in his efforts to generate some kind of vast, glorious martial arts organization. He still claims to be the "founder" of the combatives class, but I think his alpha-type behavior has been moderated somewhat with his repeated failures. It's definitely obvious that he knows people are keeping a check on him, because he's gotten much more careful about how he presents himself.

He has come to the forums before for a short time to try and defend himself, but was primarily represented by an assistant who is no longer affiliated with him. You can check the old threads for details on how his back-and-forth interactions with this forum went... not very pretty, but hardly surprising.

He was aware of this site, and our concerns about his legitimacy, before any of us ever read Dai Tenshi's report on him. Dai went to him first with questions and has been both transparent and thorough throughout the entire process.

Though it's up to the mods, I think this thread might ought to be either merged into the most recent existing thread, or deleted since nothing is really being contributed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 8:53pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see. Can't believe he actually feeds off of the bad press. You'd think he'd be worried, seeing as how we've exposed him. But then, that's probably why he keeps re-inventing himself.

He reminds me of one of those travelling snake-oil salesmen from the olden days. If they got found out in one town, they'd just high-tail it to another town and try again. Wonder if he'll eventually try that one out.

Oh well, one day we'll find a way to finally seal Mr. Scott's fate. See to it that everyone everywhere will see him as we do: as a fraud. So none of his tactics ever work ever again!

Josh

P.S. I never heard anything back from that one paper in Stillwater that I emailed, and never saw anything printed about it. That really is too bad - if anyone should print what we've found, it's the local paper.

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I poked Coda Scott.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 10:26pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So what else is new?

Well, nothing new on the Coda Scott front.

It seems that his MO is to disappear for a while, and then re-surface with a new story, and perhaps a new rank. Can't wait until he starts calling himself "Master" again.

Good luck on trying to meet up with him at a tournament. That is not going to happen. And after what i saw on the videos of him doing kata, well I have Yellow Belts that can take him on that level.

And Coda, if ya want to fight, I have a couple of young ladies that would not mind taking you on for a warm-up! They are not even Black Belts!

Someone might want to expand on this...has Coda moved? It seems that he mentions that he has a new location thst he announced for a Halo 3 tournament.

So far as his facebook account, I've tried to contact him several times, all with no reply. And I thought I was being nice, no name calling or anything like that.

So, Fox, we're on standby for more updates on the "Master of Disaster" from Stillwater!

Hey, how about a thread or poll for giving our favorite village idiot a name? Any takers?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 9:21am

Style: TKD & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkieusa
    Hey, how about a thread or poll for giving our favorite village idiot a name? Any takers?
    I had just taken to calling him "Panda."

Posted On:
    8/30/2009 9:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all you guys can feel sorry for me right about now! i got to fight Coda and don't worry, it was amazing. it was his own tournament and his panel of judges. after i beat the living crap out of him, he collapsed right there on the floor and the fight was over. oh and guess what, he won! the next day i got a nice email about how he had to go to the hospital from my fighting him...what a good winner. also one time he told me ninjas broke into his dojo (he judged this from twigs he found on the ground).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2009 6:01am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karatemansam View Post
    all you guys can feel sorry for me right about now! i got to fight Coda and don't worry, it was amazing. it was his own tournament and his panel of judges. after i beat the living crap out of him, he collapsed right there on the floor and the fight was over. oh and guess what, he won! the next day i got a nice email about how he had to go to the hospital from my fighting him...what a good winner. also one time he told me ninjas broke into his dojo (he judged this from twigs he found on the ground).
    When and where did this happen?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast