Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 5:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are several school in Columbus that are pretty good and very tuff. I have seen Tony at competitions and he seems like a very polite and well mannered person. I have had students compete agianst his students as well. Some winning and some losing. I have never spoken to Tony but he does seem like a good guy. He competes in alot of Tama shows in Dayton. As for school in Columbus one of the other good schools that I see who has a better level of competeing and this is my honest oppinion is 8 plus 8 striking system ( forgive me if I mis spelled it in anyway). The last couple of years especially at the Bandos it has been either there guys or mine who has been going to the finals and winning. Now obvisouly there will be a stretch of time, and any coach will validate this, where you get good talented guys in the gym and who all want to fight and you sweep the floor with them but then they all of a sudden quite and you are back to square one with students. But like I said Tony comes off as a good and professional coach. If you want another school to look at I would also say try 8 plus 8. If you are in Cinci I would try my school where I teach and that is JG MMA Academy in Wes Chester. Happy training guys and have a great day!

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/06/2011 4:10pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow this thread has resurfaced! Thanks for the input Doofy. I would still like to see verification of a fight record of some kind for any one associated with Master Lek. One poster said they had seen Hope fight and win 10 times. That's great, so you've seen her fight 10 times and not once did anyone think to record it?

JG MMA in Cinci has put together a nice program if your in the Cincinnati area it's definitely worth a look. If you're looking for straight Muay Thai in Cinci you should also consider Sacan Muay Thai .
    安氏八极拳学生

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 1:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Ronin I am the acting Muay Thai instructor at JG in Cinci/wes chester.I have worked my tail off to get the team where it is at now. I do not know anything about Tony's record. But I can tell you this. If he has been fighting in Tama shows then they are never sanctioned. They will tell you that they are but they aren't that may be one why nothing has ever been documented. Mike Patt will soon be putting together a thai tournament next year which will be liget. I know Mike before he became pro and started running MMA shows and he is a honest guy and very organized. It is sad to say that Ohio in extremely behind when it comes to the Thai fighting world but hopefully it will be up and coming here soon with guys like Mike starting the shows up. Scott Shelley used to run some but he stopped due to lack of fighters for thai and crowd following.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 4:19pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lack of crowd following has been the bane of Muay Thai success in Ohio from the start. All the MMA fans here go to MMA shows and boo when they go to the ground but won't buy tickets to Muay Thai shows where guys stand and bang.
    安氏八极拳学生
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12