Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 6:29am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Learn more judo. I trained 4 years in judo when I was alot younger, and as such never got to submit anybody ever (in competition anyway). Because we werent allowed subs at that age. Never stopped me from applying teh d34dly scarve hold though. Game over man! game over!. Better than a submission!, they have to contimplate there failure till the time runs out.

I knew a guy who used to practically starve himself so he got to face kids years younger than him (and he was only a kid), so he could bring back some shinies. His judo sucked. Alot of the same people go to the tournemounts you will fight in, they will notice you suddenly being demoted from black...
    Last edited by Jadonblade; 11/02/2007 6:53am at .

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 6:48am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    You are as big a fag as Shard on this. He's stupid for asking, you're stupid for answering. The answer was as collossally as the question. **** yourself.
    You're from Canada. Honestly, why do you even try?

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 8:15am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No no! Go ahead...put that black belt on so you can do newaza.

(If your throws are weak...you'll never get the chance! At best you will get stood up for taking to long on the ground, and possibly draw a shido for refusing to engage in tachiwaza; and at worst you will get thrown for ippon in seconds every time!)
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 8:46am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shard should put a black belt, and the results will probably be as comical as this dude (with the black gi) who wore a black belt and fought against a real bjj BB at a local grappling event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P8Uy4nguo0
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 8:51am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why blackbelt? From what I understood a yellow is sufficient? What belt do they allow ne waza at and where is this terrible tournament taking place?

Despite what seems to be the concensus I say if your instructor is cool with it, go ahead. Look he's basically getting to go against higher ranks right? Do how is it cheating? Theoretically they should be able to throw him around like a kitten, and if they don;t it's their own damn fault for neglecting ne waza.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm at a disadvantage because my throws aren't that great
    Throws are pretty much the whole point of Judo. Your statement is the equivalent of a boxer saying he's at a disadvantage because his punches aren't that great. It's just a roundabout way of saying that you suck. The solution is not to try and rules-lawyer your way to a victory. The solution is to train.
    Last edited by Liffguard; 11/02/2007 9:45am at .
    Dedicated to legs and the disrespecting thereof.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 9:39am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNKtastic
    Why blackbelt? From what I understood a yellow is sufficient? What belt do they allow ne waza at and where is this terrible tournament taking place?

Despite what seems to be the concensus I say if your instructor is cool with it, go ahead. Look he's basically getting to go against higher ranks right? Do how is it cheating? Theoretically they should be able to throw him around like a kitten, and if they don;t it's their own damn fault for neglecting ne waza.

The point is not that he is breaking any rules, the point is that he is more concerned about winning a tournament than he is in improving his skills. Judo is mostly about throwing, and his response to his poor throwing skills is to engineer a situation where he can win without throwing.

If he fights a yellow-belt judoka, he might be able to tackle for no score and sub his opponent every time. Yay him.

I can enter BJJ tourneys as a white belt and throw the **** out of all involved for fun too. I bet I could completely avoid newaza against white belts as well. Kinda defeats the purpose of the BJJ though, doesn't it?
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 9:47am

supporting memberforum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, what the hell judo tournament doesn't allow newaza? What do you do if you don't throw for ippon, just stop and stand up?
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 9:56am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    ok, what the hell judo tournament doesn't allow newaza? What do you do if you don't throw for ippon, just stop and stand up?
    Some forbid white belts to do newaza.

And like everyone else said, NO don't put on a higher belt. The main point of shiai is the throw. If you aren't good enough then you might want to sit this one out.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 10:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think you need an Ashida Kim bitch slap! ShishSHA!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast