Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 4:29am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Unk

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jinichi Kawakami Soke

This man is suppose to be kepping the Kouka (koga) schools in Japan, here is a link to shinobi magazine on the matter:

http://shinobimagazine.proboards66.c...3554016&page=1

I would like to read the thoughts of others on this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:25am

Style: Kendo, Iaido, BJJ noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thoughts? Well, the first page was pretty usual from what I've seen of ninjutsu forums: "Your school is not historically verifiable" "Nah-ah, your school isn't historically verifiable". I'm confused as to why the thread erupted into a circle jerk after pics were posted on page 2 though, they didn't seem all that special to me (just a japanese guy and a white dude tying someone up). The spanish teacher called sensei hombre was the funniest thing I'd read all night though

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:39am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Juan Hombre is a know faker. Jinichi is controversial as well. He is seen more as a historian than an actual ninja.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 9:38am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been trying to find out more about this guy. Apparently Juan Hombre really did go to see him (I've seen pics) but he has pulled fast ones before by posing with a ninja museum guy and saying he was a teacher (different guy, not Jinichi Kawakami). Hombre's association with Kawakami seems to be recent, postdating his previous fraudulent claims. Since AFAIK, the first non-Japanese source about him was Wayne Muromoto posting in e-budo, this makes some sense.

I think he's interesting when you compare him to Hatsumi. Both of them have museum connections, for instance. Hatsumi seems to downplay his connection to the Togakushi theme park . Both of them seemed to have trained hard at something (JK has noticeably conditioned hands), but who knows what it is? Plus, of course, both of them serve as entertainment industry technical advisors (Jinichi Kawakami works with a reenactment group).

If anyone can translate Kawakami's site or the youtube vids, I'd be interested.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 4:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Juan has played fast and loose with many. He had pictures of him with Shoto Tanemura and claimed that Tanemura was going to make him head of ninjutsu for Spain. This seemed odd because Peter Vermeeren, who I actually met and trained with, was the dojo cho of Spain then moved to Belgium then back to Spain.

I can't find Kawakami's site. I only see ones to lil ninjers thinking they found a koga master to leach off of and Juan's site.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought this:

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~bankeshinobi/

. . . was JK's site?

I just read a page about the Hombre/Tanemura thing. Seems to have been a period where Tanemura gave honorary ranks to people like Hombre and Carlos Febres.

With Kawakami, I wonder what he actually trained in? At the very least, he seems to do sword stuff and pound the crap out of things with his hands.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 7:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    I thought this:

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~bankeshinobi/

. . . was JK's site?
    Looking over the site now.

I did notice that Juan is listed on their event page hold a seminar in Spain.

I like the pics of densho I would need a contemporary translation on that.

I just read a page about the Hombre/Tanemura thing. Seems to have been a period where Tanemura gave honorary ranks to people like Hombre and Carlos Febres.
    Yes. At least with Febres he was open that he was making a new ninjutsu.

With Kawakami, I wonder what he actually trained in? At the very least, he seems to do sword stuff and pound the crap out of things with his hands.
    I don't know what he orgininally trained in but it seems he is also drawing from densho on koga and iga ryu ninjutsu. Tanemura is doing the same thing.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 8:33am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another page. Not sure of its provenance.

http://www.freewebs.com/bankeshinobinodenkensyujyo/

Posted On:
    3/29/2008 6:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kung Fu, ninjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A friend o mine trained nijutsu in japan and speak japanese very well, he introduced me to this kawkami, he heard of him in japan and asked his Bujinkan teacher, althoug the teacher was a japanese guy and not very much talkative, he said that Kawkami seens to have a good skill but never metioned his teacher what sounds strange and doubtfull for him. Seen the videos i found him a lite bite nuts, that hand thing is grotesque and living by eating that ninja pills is anacronicous and ludricous. About Hombre, he's preposterous, a Fake and a liar, no futher words are neded