Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 7:06am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    J-Roc was cool, Hughes was a dick it seems. Especially how he talked about J-Roc doing the same thing Dan did last time, how he was so dissappointed.

He even alluded to them not being real fighters, yet he went off on Danzig a while ago for doing just that!

J-Roc would have done better without all the stress which Hughes was in part responsible for. Not saying he would have won, just saying he would not have been tooled like that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 8:00am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was extremely surprised. I really expected to see Jared fight in his bout. Instead, he spent the whole time measuring distance with his punches, throwing blatant round kicks at nothing, and generally trying harder to look good than he was trying to win.

George looked pretty good. Footwork and head movement kept him unpredictable. He used his jabs to open his opponent up, instead of just keeping him off. He had a good takedown attempt from the clinch (though Jared did defend it pretty perfectly). He started off a little stagnant, but started listening to his coaches towards mid-match to become a bit more unpredictable with his strikes.

Woot for Team Serra being 6-1, now. One more prelim to go!

--Joe

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 8:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI - Here is Danzig's blog on Week 7.....

http://punch.freedomblogging.com/200...de-7/#more-234

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 8:22am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys seem to have killed their database server....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 8:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow...
    George looked SHARP before and during the fight. Complete confidence, calmness and absence of fear. Him just chilling eating breakfast while Jared was clearly bothered by it was interesting. It also looked liked Jared tried to play a little intimidation game at the weigh-in which obviously didn't work.

Regarding his atitude in the house, if he's up at the crack of dawn working out, maybe he's tweaked that the other guys are drinking and staying up late. Who knows? You have to admire his focus and drive.

Are Serra's guys naturally good strikers or is Ray Longo just that good of a coach? I'm sure he's great 6-1 has GOT to be more than luck. (Obviously Sell and Serra are coaches as well, but there's a lot of solid striking from Serra's team).

I can imagine George's ground game is pretty solid too...he's a Machado BB I think.

It's pretty obvious that everything that Serra said about Hughes being an egomaniac is 100% true. It's a team effort, and Hughes isn't running things like a team (contrary to what he said in previous episodes). Him saying Jared looked like he "didn't even want to be in the fight" was fucking bullshit. George and Jared were trading, and it looked pretty even up to the scramble on the ground IMO. When George clocked him that was it. Up until that point it could have been 10-9 either way or a tie.

Hughes is a god-awful coach. I expected Longo and Serra to be better based on the fact that they have schools and train people all the time, but Serra/Longo/Sell are light years ahead of Hughes.

Great episode, even though I think next week will be pretty lame.

My prediction for December is George vs. Mac, with George winning. I'm also going to go out on a wild and crazy limb and say that Serra will beat Hughes first round TKO. Hughes likes to try and play mind games, but Serra's not playing or buying it. I think Serra has better standup (and really "heavy hands" to quote Rogan) and will be able to deal with him very well on the ground.
    Last edited by HongKongFukYu; 11/01/2007 8:52am at .

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 9:23am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Serra's blog is up too, hre's a little piece

Serra on J-Roc

"That said, I think itís ironic that, out of everybody there, he was the one making fun of my voice in his post fight interview. Not for nothing, but he makes Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air sound like DMX!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 9:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HA!

Carlton rules.

EDIT: El Neko, can you post the link to Serra's blog? I can't find it. Thanks!

EDIT 2: Nevermind...found it here:
    http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/sp...eason_6_6.html
    Last edited by HongKongFukYu; 11/01/2007 9:41am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 9:43am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha, I just read Hughes' week seven blog. The line that stuck out for me was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hughes
    I know Tommy (Speer) is gonna give 100 percent, no doubt about it. Thereís no quit in him, and he reminds me a lot of me.
    Is it just me, or didn't he say that exact same thing about Jared, this week?

--Joe

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 10:04am

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Serra may not come off as the All American Boy, which is what Hughes trades on, but he keeps it real. He's makes his guys feel like winners (they confident when they go in) and underdogs (they know to work hard before their matches) at the same time. Basically, people might want to be in a picture with Hughes, but would have more fun hanging with Serra. It's like BJ Penn/Jens Pulver all over again- "Can't you see how great I am, that should be inspiration enough!!!" That guy George seems like a prick, and probably is, but on the flip side, he's in it to win it. At any time in the next few weeks, especially at the rate things are going, he'll have to fight one of his "teammates". It's not a team sport, period. Now, if they were all competing for different weight classes and prizes- he'd be an uber ass*8le, but they are working towards one prize. No ones going to jump in the ring and help him fight, right? This isn't a fraternity. Really, set your own alarm, jeez.

"Yes Neko, please keep telling me more about your manly collection of Star Wars audiobooks"

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 10:12am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by new2bjj
    set your own alarm, jeez.
    That's exactly the issue, there are no alarms
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
    2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
    The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
    Get with the times and punch a chick.
    Wingchundo's response after I called him a "*****"

Quote Originally Posted by wingchundo View Post
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast