Our Sponsors:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 9:50pm

Style: I request to be banned

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are taking this all way too seriously. I said you need more than just BJJ to be good at fighting, and I don't see how you could be a bullshido member and not agree. I think fatherdog summed it up well in his post. People have said this before, and we have been watching BJJ black belts get destroyed lately in UFC because that's all they knew. I think it would be retarded to think anything but the fact that more than just BJJ is necessary to win a fight. I think I pissed a few people off who only train BJJ, and that's why I am getting flack here.
    Last edited by Eldarbong; 11/02/2007 10:07pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 11:15pm

Style: GJJ beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maurice
    Penn retracted his "freak rib injury" comments, and now blames the loss and injury on his own lack of conditioning. Hughes also may have had something to do with it.
    Really? I hadn't heard that. Got a link? Penn having conditioning problems is not a surprise, but the difference in his behavior before and after a scramble where he took Hughes' back at the end of the 2nd round was really dramatic, seemingly more consistent with injury than a sudden gassing out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 11:05am

Style: Mo-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No link, but it's in his excellent book, MMA: The Book of Knowledge, on page 16:
    It took some time for the [Hughes] loss to sink in....I blamed the loss on a freak accident in the coming days, but I now realize that's not what happened. I lost the fight due to improper conditioning.
    He's not saying that he didn't suffer a rib injury. He's saying that the injured occurred because he didn't prepare sufficiently.
    Last edited by maurice; 11/03/2007 11:07am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 2:57pm

Style: GJJ beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That makes sense, and I even wondered at the time if that wasn't the case.

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 7:22pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Err, Yoshida is not a BJJ guy; he's a Judoka.

Second, Babalu failed because is fucking mental (seriouslY) and wanted to bang with Lidel without sticking to a plan, not because he lacks striking abilities.

Furthermore, let's consider the Mirko vs Yoshida example you so naively brought to the table. Yoshida submitted verbally to Mirko's kicks, right? Well, so did Robbie Rawler against Pette Spratt. And so what?

You can cherry pick your samples from a data set at you wish to "support" a pre-made point of view, just like a bartender can pick the ingrediets at his disposal to make up a piña colada. That's the fugly retarded beaty of statistics.

Not only that, but he almost got taken down by yoshida as well. I wonder how that would have turned out?

So why the hell was Yoshida brought up? BJJ is not Basically Just Judo.

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 7:25pm

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Anyone can get an objective answer by doing the following:

1. find a purely sport BJJer with limited striking ability (which do exist),
    2. make sure such a BJJer with grappling experience superior to the one asking the question,
    3. make sure such a BJJer with striking (and possibly wrestling) abilities inferior to the one asking the question,
    4. challenge him/her to a Vale Tudo match.

Any takers?
    How good are his take downs?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910