224795 Bullies, 3813 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:01am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

TUF episode 7: another week, another episode. and i do mean episode.

there's no thread, so i've started one. HAH!

whoever did the production on that fight should be fired. finishes like that should be presented in their entirety from ONE camera angle at a time.

by the way, which of you guys is going to get me up tomorrow? cause i didn't get out of bed till 11 today, and that's not cool.

what do they put in the water on these shows to make the guys cry so much? i mean, i'm emotional, but...
    Last edited by pauli; 11/01/2007 12:05am at . Reason: catchier title.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:14am

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found it rather telling that J-Roc got more consolation out of Dana than out of his own (whimpering and crying) coach.

The whole, "Hey, you got caught. Everyone gets caught. Chuck Liddell just got caught like that in his last match" shouldn't have to come from the President.

J-Roc was one of the fighters I was hoping to see in the final 4. He has that whole Mike Tyson effect: giant, scary, muscled, mean-looking, and yet still sounds somewhat like a happy-go-lucky 13-year old.

Dagon

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "you guys aren't giving me any energy! you're just doing moves!"
    "We aren't wrestling, we're just doing... this..."
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Capoeira/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to know what's in the water that every time they say someone on Hughes' team is a good grappler he wants to stand up and throw blows?

As far as the crying thing, I'd put dollars to doughnuts that he put so much pressure on himself that he froze himself. I did the same thing my Jr year in High School when I wrestled. I had been on Varsity since I was a freshman. This was because we didn't have anybody else at 126lbs not because I was good. In fact I got my ass kicked the whole season, IIRC I won 2 matches then. Sophmore year I was better, just a bit over 500, and then came Jr year and I was actually pretty good. My dad had to deal with some issues coming from his side of the family almost every day after work so he couldn't make my matches until one night he was clear and came to the match. It was also his birthday. I worked myself up so much for this match. The guy had a better record overall than I did but I'd wrestled him before and gave him fits and I really wanted to beat him for Dad. I just got so tense I was horrible. I would see an opening and my mind would yell "SHOOT! Single leg!" and my body would go "Huh?" and long story short I got pinned in the first period with like 10 sec. left on the clock.

I didn't lose because he was better I lost because I was stupid, I let the pressure get to me, and I was out there for someone else. (Meaning my mind wasn't on the match it was on Dad.) I hated me at that time. I was in tears not because I lost but because I choked.

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 1:11am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I loved Hughes' reaction after the fight. Looks at the camera, shrugs, "pffttttt"

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 1:22am

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hughs was really a DICK this time...well every time, but he continued the trend here. Going off on J-Rok about how Dan lost his fight and he was being just like him, when all he was trying to do was stay motivated - WTF?? Can't think of a better way to demoralize someone who is fighting for you. Hughs should be thanking these fighters for staying with him and not walking the **** out on him... I know I would have.

Was hopeing for a little better showing from J-Rok, I wonder why he was not clinching more and trying to take it to the ground? He should have figured it out quickly that he was not getting the best of the stand-up should have changed it up.

Loved the part at the end after the fight when they put the camera on Hughs and all he could do was stare at it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 1:57am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    O man, I loved hearing Hughes saying all the stuff about his next fighter being just like him. Just in case you weren't 100% sure he's full of himself, he's pointing to his last remaining hope as a protoge. And notice how Hughes seems to punish some of his fighters before the fight, and then they end up injured? (both the hand from the Hughes beatdown and the rib from the especially extreme training)

As for the whole "waking me up" thing, I think it was pretty obviously another case of creative editing to make what was a little argument or personality non-issue into the drama du jour.

It really seems like Hughes keeps digging himself into a hole of depression and disappointment. Serra's high-intensity yet low-emotional-pressure approach seems to be working out. I have nothing but respect for Hughes' dominance in the past, but even he himself said that his time is a bout up in the UFC. I hope he can bow out with more dignity.

Dave

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 5:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hughes=Ken shamrock
    He's here to beat up Serra by getting the better fighters. He's not here to teach them everything he knows. Serra on the other hand is just like "Hey we won! awesome." Also alot of Serra's wins have been stand up fights, which shows I think that Serra isn't trying to make them him, just make them good. Hughes is trying to have 8 little Matthews running around.

Also George pwnt JRoc. I don't thing JRoc even landed more than two solid shots in the whole fight. George just kept hitting him with jabs and crosses. JRoc was just against his Nemesis, like Franklin vs. Silvia.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:53am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was hoping J-Roc would have a better showing (mostly cuz he seems like a really likeable dude with the heart to fight.) Maybe we are e-kicking Hughes in the nuts because we just don't fucking like him and we are prone to find/look for his character flaws. However, I'm sure that the pressure of being on his team, and the emotional toll of what-if-with-Hughes if he looses, all that must have taken a toll on J-Roc (and the other fighters.)

I feel sorry for these guys. They deserved a better coach.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 7:04am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Standout quotes:

"rub some 'tussin on that m*ther f**ker!"

"I see J-Rock as the dark horse of this competition"
    (how he didn't do a mental doubletake and add "oh, sh*t, did I just say that??" I don't know.)

"6 to 1. Ouch. Ouch."
    Serra needs to get more creative. I think last week it was "5 to 1. Ouch."

The head shake & the "pffft" was pretty telling. That's gotta hurt when such a potty mouthed, easiest 170lb-er of the lot, excuse of a champion has a fairly cohesive team and they're picking yours apart.

Oh- and Dana's "oooh oooh watch your head! watch your head!" as J-Rock almost knocked himself out by walking into a tree limb.
    After Dana's usual hard ass posturing & F-bombs he sounded actually concerned & a little girly. I thought the guy from Micky's place in Rocky II was gonna pop out of the bushes and say "OOOH?!? Is that the toughest thing you can say?"

My head could hardly take the contradictory-ness (ha! English 101 my @ss!) of Dana's "Give'm the F**kin come to Jesus!" the cursing & the Jesuses in the same sentences were killing me!
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast