GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Experience with Rage in the Cage?

Anyone know anything about or fight for RITC?

http://www.rageinthecage.com/ritcframe.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 9:57am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I currently train at the RITC MMA Training Center in Phoenix, AZ. It seems like they have fights every two weeks. I don't know if it's the same stuff, cuz I can't get to the site from work, but what do you want to know?

CAVEAT: I probably won't be able to help you.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:35pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's an alright venue. It could be a bit more professionally run. That's not saying it's sloppily run either. Amateur rules are no close hands to face, knees to face, but closed fists to the body.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 2:29pm

Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rage in the Cage currently is an entry level show. Probably ¾ of the fighters on any given fight card are guys who have never fought before and probably will never fight again. Every guy with a garage and some mats in Arizona now have a “school” or “fight team” which is where many/most of the Ritc fighters come from. As would be expected for an entry level show the majority of the guys are inexperienced and have a pretty low skill level.

Occasionally you’ll see someone at Ritc who isn’t bad but most of the fighters are hobbyists who are just getting in there for kicks and only fight once or twice before calling it quits. The pay as would be expected given the experience or lack thereof of the typical Ritc fighter is pretty low. I think that the minimum pay for a fight is something like $50 with the main event fighters getting anywhere from $250-$1500 depending on their experience.

Ritc has very odd rules. Closed fist strikes are allowed for pro fights but only while standing. Amateur fights are open hand strikes to the head at all times. For both amateur and pro closed fist strikes to the body are always allowed. While on the ground only open hand strikes to the head are legal (pro and amateur). No elbows at any time. Knees are legal but only to the body and only while standing. No kicks (or up kicks) while one fighter is grounded. Kicks are only legal when both fighters are standing. No heel hooks or Toe holds. Fights are 3 rounds of three minutes duration each. Stand ups are pretty quick.

I think that about covers the basics. I’ve lived and trained in Arizona since 1996 so if you have any specific questions I could probably help you out.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys. I emailed them about getting a pro fight and the response was a yes for 2008 whenever I want. It would be my first pro fight.

I didn't know anything about the org but it just sounded good to me, probably because it sounded similar to Cage Rage and King of the Cage.

I emailed like 15 places with my videos asking the promoters for advice such as
    1) do you think I could make pro eventually
    2) where do you draw your fighters from
    3) here are my fights to watch , any feedback is appreciated
    4) etc.

Seems OK, bad in some ways, good in others. It may be worth the trip just to get a foot in the door for a pro fight but I'm sure I could find closer venues.

Thanks.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aren't there any pro venues in VA, NJ, Ohio or even Iowa? I may know somebody if you want to turn pro who can help you out.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:36pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    Thanks guys. I emailed them about getting a pro fight and the response was a yes for 2008 whenever I want. It would be my first pro fight.

I didn't know anything about the org but it just sounded good to me, probably because it sounded similar to Cage Rage and King of the Cage.

I emailed like 15 places with my videos asking the promoters for advice such as
    1) do you think I could make pro eventually
    2) where do you draw your fighters from
    3) here are my fights to watch , any feedback is appreciated
    4) etc.

Seems OK, bad in some ways, good in others. It may be worth the trip just to get a foot in the door for a pro fight but I'm sure I could find closer venues.

Thanks.
    Hey L1 here is a thread talking about the promoter for RITC. I meant to post it but got busy.

Read this starting at post #20.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54078

Then read this one:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54488

Just to give you perspective before you travel. Don't know the guy or the event.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah there are, I sent out stuff to them and got some response. One in MA asked me to do one more amature fight. I only saw RITC was in AZ after I emailed them, but figured hey at least I can get advice from them.

I imagine its hard to get in the NJ shows for a first fight unless you have a higher profile team or something. VA/Ohio/Iowa seems a better route.

Who do you know?

Thanks.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent a PM.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Hey L1 here is a thread talking about the promoter for RITC. I meant to post it but got busy.

Read this starting at post #20.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54078

Then read this one:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54488

Just to give you perspective before you travel. Don't know the guy or the event.

WOW, thanks a lot. That will weigh heavily on the decision. Like said, easy way to get a pro fight, but now I'm thinking its just a crap promotion that could be bad for the sport so why support it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast