My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 5:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bushi_no_ki
    MACP might evolve a little more, but it's going nowhere. The main problem is people like me, who disagree with teaching groundfighting without at least covering how to get there, let alone giving you a few options prior to getting there.
    Building from the ground up isn't a bad idea. Its the area most pple are uncomfortable with and takes awhile to get used to. Strikes and takedowns are easier to teach becuase that is most pple comfort zone already when it comes to fighting.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 11:38pm

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is going to sound like dumbass question but here it goes.

Do soldiers grapple with their gear on during some training sessions? If soldiers option is to grapple on battlefield, he or she would be wearing gear no?

can't imagine how its like to grapple with taht stuff on

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by babo78
    This is going to sound like dumbass question but here it goes.

Do soldiers grapple with their gear on during some training sessions? If soldiers option is to grapple on battlefield, he or she would be wearing gear no?

can't imagine how its like to grapple with taht stuff on
    Depends on who is running your program.

At first there is no gear but I intergrate it with MOUT where they will have it on plus weapon.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 8:05am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a DVD that covers level I stuff, and in the intro montage there was footage of two guys going at it in full battle rattle with Blauer helmets and rubber ducks. Good ****.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 8:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Judo instructor is a Major in the Army and he's going to the level 2 instructor progam. He has a lot of good things to say about MACP, of course, he's also a 5th dan in Aikido (hahaha).
    Myself and a couple of other students from our Judo class have been going to a BJJ school in a neighboring city and one of the guys there is a MMA pro and a level 2 MACP instructor, I'll see if he's heard anything about retruning to LINE.

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 9:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobleidea
    My Judo instructor is a Major in the Army and he's going to the level 2 instructor progam. He has a lot of good things to say about MACP, of course, he's also a 5th dan in Aikido (hahaha).
    Myself and a couple of other students from our Judo class have been going to a BJJ school in a neighboring city and one of the guys there is a MMA pro and a level 2 MACP instructor, I'll see if he's heard anything about retruning to LINE.
    LINE is Marines. Its a different animal than the Army program.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 11:58am

Style: TMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have a good point, Asia. Most people can throw some sort of punch. It's a whole different ballgame to go to the ground.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ITF TKD / MT / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was curious as the the amount of hand to hand training that the average Marine/Army soldier gets. Where I live there are many soldiers in town, and the general consensus is that they are all hardcore soulless death machines who are not to be fucked with.
    One recently attempted to give me **** while he was drunk, and the girl I was with was all like, "OMGAWD Mike be caaaaareful he's like a MARINE and stuff, he would TOTALLY kill you!!" Aside from this almost egging me on more, it got me thinking (I don't want to get my neck broken when his RFID chip realeses meth and synthetic adrenaline into his brain ;) ).
    Would you guys say that the avg Marine with a standard amount of LINE training is pretty effective vs a good opponent? The only Marine I asked about it said that the only people who are really good at it are the ones who practice it in their offtime, which of course makes sense. So maybe I just answered my own question.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Physical Therapy 4 Ankle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cant speak for the marines but for army in an infantry regiment we trained every Thursday in combatives. M,Tu,We was normal pt and friday was road marching. Now in the Guard its 100% on my own time but we still have to be certified in it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 12:59pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asia the Invincible
    Building from the ground up isn't a bad idea. Its the area most pple are uncomfortable with and takes awhile to get used to. Strikes and takedowns are easier to teach becuase that is most pple comfort zone already when it comes to fighting.
    interesting point. soo you think it's better to start with grappling and add striking later, like the MAC program does (i think)?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast