Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 12:02pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith
    Take your Phoenix Eye or whatever crazy hand position you think you want to use to hit someone with and go to the heavy bag. Use this hand position to strike the heavy bag as hard as you can. You will figure out which ones are practical and which ones are not in short order. If you are smart you will figure it out before you actually hit anything and retain the use of your finger (they are quite useful).
    Hmmm, dude, I've been hit in the biceps and on my ribs by those. Fucking hurt. I'm also quite certain that the person delivering such blows does not do so as hard as he would with a flat fist (which does not take away the effectiveness of getting hit hard by those in a soft area, specially from a dominant position * hint: someone has mounted you and either has your back or your side *).

It's the same argument with kicking with the shin vs kicking with the instep. Yep, the instep can break and go shitty far easier than kicking with the shin... yet, people can get knock the **** out with by someone who knows how to use them.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude
    The extended index knuckle works good with straight shots to the face (knuckle in eye), middle finger works well with hooks to the ribs....
    Heh..dragon knuckle to the ribs is mean. Pull that on someone in sparring and they will remember it.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guizzy
    Will this thread find a home, or will it keep bouncing back between YMAS and Strikistan?

I don't know. It's not really YMAS material and a well respected user reported the thread asking for a move. Wolf moved it to Strikestan, but Omega dumped it back to YMAS.

Let's see whether I can slam this thread hard enough into Gitmo that it sticks there.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 2:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith
    Just how the **** do you know what my training regiment consists of?
    Don't know, don't care. But you don't know what you're talking about. THAT I know.
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234