Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 1:55pm

Style: BJJ,MT,Wrestling,Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Burning out?

I've been exercising pretty heavily and regularly for the past 5 or 6 months.

I haven't used a whole hell of a lot of structure, just consistency...making sure I do something at least 5 days a week.

I'm an avid user of Whey and Creatine Monohydrate. I've been on Creatine for about 3 or 4 weeks now and I'm contemplating taking a week or two off from it, for cycling purposes.

My energy and motivation has dropped in the past few weeks. I'm sleeping more, and I find myself wanting to take a nap during the day. Am I getting burned out and need to take a week or two off, or is this something I need to push past? Any help from someone who knows (fitness instructor, preferably) would be greatly appreciated.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:03pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Creatine isn't a drug and cycling it would have no effect.

Anyway, i think that happens to everyone. take a week light and see how you do.

And you could also post more details - age, hight, weight, fitness level, your routine and diet, and someone may have a better answer.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okie dokie...

5' 8

138lbs

Fitness level? I'm not really even sure how to guage that.

I run a mile in about 8 minutes. I'm not a big runner, so 2-3 miles is about my limit.

I can perform a max of 17 burpees in 30 seconds.

Max wide-grip chinup rep is 19

Max bench - 170-180 at last test

Squat around 250

Dead Lift around 225

Honestly, I don't max out.

I haven't even played around with these guages like VO2 max and such. I'm still kinda at that stage where I'm building myself up.

I quit smoking about 6 months ago.

If there's anything else you wanna know, just shoot.

Diet usually consists of Hardboiled egg whites, whole wheat bread, powebar proteinPlus, muscle milk shakes, grilled or baked chicken, turkey sandwiches with the appropriate veggies, some steamed veggies, 100% DV Multivitamin, Bananas, Peanut Butter.

Lately my diet has been punctuated with some rather unhealthy ****, but I wouldn't think that would make such a dent in my energy and conditioning. I do a lot of water, also.
    Last edited by Shinkengata; 10/29/2007 2:15pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I haven't had a day off since last friday (the 19th). So I know how you feel. Sometimes you just need to take some time off.

I find switching up your routine helps. Also, since you do not have consistency, you are probably finding it harder to track goals. I would suggest getting into a schedule.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, the reason I don't follow a schedule is because It's entirely too difficult to follow a rigid workout routine. I work 6 days a week, often 12 hour days. I rarely have a concrete Idea of when I'm gonna get home on any given day. That plus I have two kids.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:20pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hit a burnout a week or two ago myself. Though at least in my case, I'm thinking its caused by the shift to winter & getting less sunlight because of winter coming & spending less and less time outside.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:21pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkengata
    Well, the reason I don't follow a schedule is because It's entirely too difficult to follow a rigid workout routine. I work 6 days a week, often 12 hour days. I rarely have a concrete Idea of when I'm gonna get home on any given day. That plus I have two kids.
    That's why dude. This will severely limit your ability to train MA. It should not stop you from working out with moderate intensity, but MA, that makes it harder (not impossible, but harder.)

At 5'8" and 138lbs, you are a bit too skinny. It may be your build, but I bet your nutrition is ****. Also, how old are you? Age is always a factor.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    That's why dude. This will severely limit your ability to train MA. It should not stop you from working out with moderate intensity, but MA, that makes it harder (not impossible, but harder.)

At 5'8" and 138lbs, you are a bit too skinny. It may be your build, but I bet your nutrition is ****. Also, how old are you? Age is always a factor.

I appreciate it...but my nutrition is far from ****. It USED to be ****. I've gained 13lbs in 6 months by fixing my diet.

I'll be 23 in February.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, ok. It's natural for many men to not gain weight until they hit their 20's (with the proper diet of course). But believe me, being underweight can have a lot of undesirable effects, specially under stress... and working 6 times a week, 12 hours a day is a lot of stress.

Consider taking B-complex first and foremost, and glutamine.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2007 2:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks, TEM.

I'm actually a pretty muscular build for my weight. I'd post a pic or two, but far be it from me to provide whack-off material for the Ninjas lurking the forum.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast