Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 7:08am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 'bit'? :tongue3:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 1:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What's so hard to believe?

I'm 5'8 140 lb
    I wrestled in high school undefeated at 119 lb (for 1 year) (JV) (was about 25-75 skill ratio with our varsity guy who was 2nd in state)
    I used to train muay thai
    I train MMA now
    I'm going to have an am fight in 4-6 months

??

I'm sure that's the same situation as a lot of guys on these forums.

My situation is nothing extraordinary but not horrible either.

What's up with you?

Yeah, I have different opinions on what makes an entertaining fight. I enjoy watching heavier weight classes fight. What's your problem with that?

If you enjoy lighter weight classes, good for you. I just don't find them as entertaining.

And I still stand by my point that most men, barring being a midget or having a testosterone deficiency, should be able to easily bulk up to 165ish lbs to cut to 155 without suffering much loss in performance. I know plenty of guys who are 5'5" and weigh 165 that can run a 5-6 minute mile.

If you're having trouble bulking up, you're probably just not doing it right; many people think they know what they're doing when they try and bulk but most people don't eat enough and actually eat less than they think they are. You need to count calorie-by-calorie and if you're not gaining, just add more calories. It's a law of physics that more calories = weight.

Pro fighters especially should be able to do it even with training considering 95% of them are on steroids.

EDIT: And yes, those guys are natural and started at around 130 lbs. Check out forum.bodybuilding.com. There are plenty of examples of this there.
    Last edited by Amp; 10/31/2007 1:55pm at .

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amp
    What's so hard to believe?

I'm 5'8 140 lb
    I wrestled in high school undefeated at 119 lb (for 1 year) (JV) (was about 25-75 skill ratio with our varsity guy who was 2nd in state)
    I used to train muay thai
    I train MMA now
    I'm going to have an am fight in 4-6 months

??

I'm sure that's the same situation as a lot of guys on these forums.

Provide proof.

All your posts outside of this thread will be moved to here until you do.

Edit: This isn't a question of what others do and whether your situation matches them. It is a question of credentials. You put out that information in an attempt to add credence to your posts. If you want to post as an authority on Bullshido, you must provide proof.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 10/31/2007 1:54pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 1:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Provide proof.

Proof of JV wrestling? They don't even keep records of that.

I don't want to tell exactly where I train. You guys already know that I live in the DC area. I like my privacy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 1:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Provide proof.

Edit: This isn't a question of what others do and whether your situation matches them. It is a question of credentials. You put out that information in an attempt to add credence to your posts. If you want to post as an authority on Bullshido, you must provide proof.
    I don't care how credible people here find me man. Someone asked my training experience and I told them. My bringing them up had nothing to do with me trying to qualify my credibility.

Then I get people going, "oooh I want proof. Dig up your high school wrestling records (which would mean I have to give them my name) (and they don't exist anyways) and tell us exactly where you train!!" that shits fucked up

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 1:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Proof of JV wrestling? They don't even keep records of that.

I don't want to tell exactly where I train. You guys already know that I live in the DC area. I like my privacy.
    I don't care.

There are many ways to provide proof. You don't have to make it public. If you want to post and bring these points up to give you credibility as an authority on a subject as you keep doing, then you will provide proof.

Alternatively, without the proof, others can just treat you as a lying sack of **** asshat.

Your call.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    ATTN TOM KAGAN

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 2:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I don't want to tell the gym I go to because it's a small gym where only about 15 people train together. It's not really a business but a guy who has a pro mma record rents out a small area and everyone there but me has a fight record. someone in the gym is having a fight every other week in local promotions, amatuer or pro. so its good experience.

point is that if i named my gym people would immediately know who i am. its not like saying "i go to american top team" where youre 1 of 2000 people.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 2:00pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't care.

There are many ways to provide proof. You don't have to make it public. If you want to post and bring these points up to give you credibility as an authority on a subject as you keep doing, then you will provide proof.

Alternatively, without the proof, others can just treat you as a lying sack of **** asshat.

Your call.
    Remember I can't PM people? That would be the only way to do it without making it public ( I don't want to give out my AIM or e-mail address).

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 2:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, I don't want to tell the gym I go to because it's a small gym where only about 15 people train together. It's not really a business but a guy who has a pro mma record rents out a small area and everyone there but me has a fight record. someone in the gym is having a fight every other week in local promotions, amatuer or pro. so its good experience.

point is that if i named my gym people would immediately know who i am. its not like saying "i go to american top team" where youre 1 of 2000 people.

Again, I don't care.

Provide proof. If you don't want to be public, then it won't be public.

ATTN TOM KAGAN

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2007 2:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, I don't care.

Provide proof. If you don't want to be public, then it won't be public.
    How would it not be public?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast