Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 3:07pm

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by golsa
    haha well looks like he took his website down. I guess the Daniel Brackins Martial Arts Institute just wasn't meant to be :(
    Looks like we nipped it in the bud then ;-)

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    If you would have gone "here's the video, observe x, w, and z, obviously bad things. Does anyone disagree?' That would ahve gone over better.
    No, not really. That's still "See? He sucks!" (albeit more politely).

What would have gone over better is answering the questions asked instead of avoiding them with a response of "What?!?!? Can't you see he sucks?!?!?"
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 3:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    No, not really. That's still "See? He sucks!" (albeit more politely).

What would have gone over better is answering the questions asked instead of avoiding them with a response of "What?!?!? Can't you see he sucks?!?!?"
    As far as I know I have answered every queery. If have missed some please direct me.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 4:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    As far as I know I have answered every queery. If have missed some please direct me.

Are we reading the same thread, or is your personal beef with this guy getting in the way of your judgment?

Two examples of why I think you might be clouded on this issue:

- You stated that I said he was okay. I've said nothing of the sort. In fact, I haven't even watched beyond a few moments of the first video.
    - You stated I didn't feel this gentleman was worthy of an investigation. I've said nothing of the sort. All I did was move the thread to YMAS because you haven't started an investigation. You are saying his martial art sucks.

Your entire argument is that he personally is mediocre, therefore he must be a bad instructor. Still, even though you haven't shown at a minimum, him claiming to be a good instructor, your assumptive conclusion is (all by itself) a false claim that *he* is making.

If you want something more than a YMAS thread, how about you come back with something which actually tries to show Bullshido?
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 11/02/2007 4:13pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 4:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Are we reading the same thread, or is your personal beef with this guy getting in the way of your judgment?

Two examples of why I think you might be clouded on this issue:

- You stated that I said he was okay. I've said nothing of the sort. In fact, I haven't even watched beyond a few moments of the first video.
    - You stated I didn't feel this gentleman was worthy of an investigation. I've said nothing of the sort. All I did was move the thread to YMAS because you haven't started an investigation. You are saying his martial art sucks.

Your entire argument is that he personally is mediocre, therefore he must be a bad instructor. Still, even though you haven't shown at a minimum, him claiming to be a good instructor, your assumptive conclusion is (all by itself) a false claim that *he* is making.

If you want something more than a YMAS thread, how about you come back with something which actually tries to show Bullshido?
    Ok, let's try to iron out any confusion.

I didn't realise you hadn't watched the vid. That puts what you said in a differant context. You should really watch it, it will make you more aware of whats going on in the thread.
    At the end of the vid he claims to be an instructor of JKD. His performance in the vid certainly doesn't look like he has obtained a BB let alone instructorship in JKD. I am calling bullshit on it. (the next sentence is from looking at the vid and is guess work, I am not claiming this to be fact)I think he has at most couple of years in Wing Chun, Aikido and maybe TKD. A JKD instructor that does not make.

It's like brown belt in Judo opening a BJJ school.

Lastly, I have already said, I really have no problem with this being moved to YMAS. I completely understand that I don't have anything to start a MABS investigation with. I thought that the MABS threads were there to look into such things, that is why I posted it there. Next time i will read the stickies more clearly.

Are we cool now?

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 4:56pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Update FWIW

:deadhorseyes, but I wanted to post the reply from Brackins:

RE: JKD vid on youtube
    Interesting as I didn't post that video on youtube, nor do I teach martial arts. I did practice martial arts in the past but not any longer. The video was posted by a friend of mine who is a film student, and he was filming me for a project. I find it humorous that people are actually posting or linking that video.
    His friend is the guy Derren with the youtube account.

Moral of the story: Martial arts and film students are a bad combination, especially ones who listen to Type O Negative.

So smile a little more, let that car out into traffic, give your neighbor a friendly wave, because tonight we can all breathe a sigh of relief. :love1::love3::icon_flow:XXhippylo

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 5:10pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there you go he disclaims it totally.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seany, there are no belts in JKD.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KempoFist
    Seany, there are no belts in JKD.
    yuh-uh.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    11/03/2007 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    yuh-uh.
    You fail at life
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast