Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 4:40pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    Nothing to do with him being "JKD", he'd suck with those attributes in Muay Thai.
    He's about as much JKD as he is black. The guy is doing a bit of Aikido here and there with some karate or TKD kicks and made up punches and elbows. I've not done JKD, but I have trained in Jun Fan kickboxing and I'll guarantee you his striking training is in now way related to Jun Fan anything :glasses10

He probably read something or another about JKD not being a style, but what works for 'you' and decided to take a mishmash of the little bit of training he has and thinks its JKD. The image on his website says he is opening a martial arts institute, so he would be a great candidate for an investigation when the website is done! Or maybe he's doing it to impress women, I don't know.

I 100% agree that he would suck with any style, but truth is he is doing some kind of mishmash of minimal Aikido training & katate/TKD kicking (no experience with either so I can't even guess how much training in that he has) and not JKD!

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    11/01/2007 6:06pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People see chain punching and they think it must be JKD. It's like Pavlov's dog. The problem is with the people like this guy who advertise themselves as JKD when it's really just crappy Chun with some footwork.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 3:28am

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Apparently, someone has found this individual to be fascinating for a while

Author top banana Thread clown on youtube
    Monday 27th of August 2007 at 12.26PM

check out Daniel Brackins jkd video,no wonder jkd gets a bad name
    http://www.tommycarruthers.com/tcfor...p?threadid=624

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 10:33am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man....am I the only one who sees him as the bastard child of the skits, Night at the Roxbury from SNL, and Stuart from Mad TV? "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!"
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 11:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sent him a message, saying that I had seen his video clip show up on several MA forums, and usually presented in the same way: Sort of anti-spam or negative spam might describe it?

I asked him if he left any particular school/instructor or had some feud with someone over setting up a school/certification/[sarcasm]which of Bruce's nuts didn't drop[/sarcasm]

That's what interests me about this thread. Maybe people really do start their day with a latte and a youtube search for "JKD" to experience ghastly shock at the mindblowing sight of a shitty JKD vid.

I'm not defending the shittiness, just interested in knowing if this is some personal thing that has this thread fourth on google for his name. Yes he posted a public video, yes he doesn't do x/y/z right, I'm just honestly interested about why he keeps showing up on forums.

Especially because if and when he shows up in YMAS, based on some of his blog posts, it will be a gangbang.

Yet I find that in an MMA fighter they may be limiting. We can often see fighters awkwardly executing techniques from these three brackets with no effect. One might argue that this is because of poor training but rather I believe it is because certain techniques simply don't fit with the fighter attempting to execute them. Like attempting to fit a square plug in a round hole the fighters in MMA matches struggle to use their techniques. This is because despite MMA's claim that they are "freestyle" fighters, they have molded themselves into a pattern. Once again man has become limited by a style by executing movements in a robotic fashion. For example, a fighter that is programed to always take a fight to the ground may have trouble in an all out street fight where there are no rules, especially with multiple attackers, and weapons.
    Last edited by ironlurker; 11/02/2007 11:18am at .

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 11:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironlurker
    I'm just honestly interested about why he keeps showing up on forums.

Especially because if and when he shows up in YMAS, based on some of his blog posts, it will be a gangbang.
    Iron, it is because it appeals to our sick, twisted carnie side of our minds.

Daniel Brackins is to MA what the fat kid with the Jedi staff was to star wars.
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 11:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkdbuck76
    Daniel Brackins is to MA what the fat kid with the Jedi staff was to star wars.
    Hmm he must have been in the novels :read2:

wasn't criticizing bullshido at all BTW just curious if this guy showing up on different sites was some type of vendetta/lover's quarrel or just the lulz

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 12:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We are humans. We love to bitch and we love to laugh.

fat star wars kid.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvCVVAfRrFE
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. Itís the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 2:57pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyseanybean
    Has everyone seemed to miss the awful, chin up, spastic arm boxing. You know? with all the flailing and flapping with no bodyweight behind any of them. How about the pushing somone over with your fist instead of a 1 inch punch. How about the somehow vertical turning kick on the thai pad without turning the hips. I'm really having trouble believing this guy is a qualified instructor.

I think the point is when you post something in the martial arts BS forum, they want specific charges that are easily proved or disproved, rather than just point at a pic and going "nyah!". If you would have gone "here's the video, observe x, w, and z, obviously bad things. Does anyone disagree?' That would ahve gone over better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2007 3:02pm

Style: sport Aikido & Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha well looks like he took his website down. I guess the Daniel Brackins Martial Arts Institute just wasn't meant to be :(
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast